Editing .pdf file in photoshop
Thread poster: Andrea Jones
Andrea Jones
Andrea Jones  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:37
French to English
Dec 13, 2004

I have a pdf file with a series of figures with text that I've been asked to translate using photoshop. Is this possible? I find it very difficult to work with text in photoshop. Has anyone ever done this before, or are there any photoshop experts who could tell me how to do this? Thanks.

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:37
German to Spanish
No problem Dec 13, 2004

If a psd have text inside, it is in a layer. Just open this layer and with the text tool select the text and translate it.

Rgds

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:37
German to Spanish
Ups!..do you mean PDF or PSD? Dec 13, 2004

A PDF is not to be worked on it!

you'll need a OCR program

Rgds 2

Prisma
Prisma
English to Swedish
+ ...
PDF editing in Photoshop Dec 13, 2004

If I understand you correctly you have pictures with captions in them, that you need to erase and replace with translated captions. This could be very easy or extremely hard depending on the background of the picture.
Your workflow will probably be: 1, save the pictures out of the pdf somehow; 2, write the translated captions as simple text in notepad; 3, open each picture in Photoshop; 4, select the area where the words are; 5, delete/erase them; 6, select photoshop's text tool, copy the
... See more
If I understand you correctly you have pictures with captions in them, that you need to erase and replace with translated captions. This could be very easy or extremely hard depending on the background of the picture.
Your workflow will probably be: 1, save the pictures out of the pdf somehow; 2, write the translated captions as simple text in notepad; 3, open each picture in Photoshop; 4, select the area where the words are; 5, delete/erase them; 6, select photoshop's text tool, copy the text from notepad and paste, adjust fonts etc to suit; 7, flatten and save the pictures again and 8, import them back into the pdf somehow.
Any one step could be a problem, but it is possible.

Good luck!
Collapse

Andrea Jones
Andrea Jones  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:37
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
PDF editing in Photoshop Dec 13, 2004

Thank you so much. I'll try this out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing .pdf file in photoshop

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »