Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
A true jewel
Thread poster: Sven Petersson
jloden (X)
jloden (X)
English
A note from the author Feb 5, 2006

Balaban Cerit wrote:
I agree with people who find the mentioned disclaimer funny, the parts where it says "...may not be related to ... software" and "Your results may vary" seems a bit humorous. But I think such disclaimers are to be expected because these freeware utilities generally aren't foolproof and removing adware / spyware can sometimes be tricky. I use Spybot for removing spyware / malware in general (but that isn't a foolproof utility too, I am about to purchase a better software). Spybot too has a legal disclaimer that says if you remove advertising robots / spyware from your computer with the Spybot utility, you may not be able to continue using the host program. (Which generally is the freeware product that you downloaded initially and which installed the adware/spyware on your computer.)

[Edited at 2006-02-05 11:22]

Correct, I posted the disclaimer simply because if I remove spyware or adware with AIMFix, it could prevent another software from working properly. As much as it might seem strange that anyone would *want* spyware or adware on their system, there are certainly people that simply get upset if their "free" application stops working, spyware notwithstanding. The entire point of the disclaimer is simply to protect me from legal action. I am providing a virus removal tool for free with no strings attached, written in my spare time. I do not need to be sued because someone gets mad that AIMFix doesn't remove their particular virus, or it removes spyware that breaks their favorite ad-infested application, etc. As for the wording, I guess you could say I just have a sense of humor

As for anyone who feels that my application is not "on the level", I will simply note that AIMFix has won the "100% free award" three times from Softpedia, certifying it clean of all malware. In addition, the users page at http://jayloden.com/users.htm lists all the schools and organizations I am currently aware are using AIMFix as part of the official cleaning procedure for student computers. There are 64 organizations listed, including many names I am sure you will recognize. Beyond that, I can do nothing except assure you that my intentions are honorable and I write and maintain AIMFix as a free service to help people, not to harm.

-Jay Loden
http://jayloden.com/contact.htm

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A true jewel

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »