use translation to remind ourselves of the terrible consequence of war
Thread poster: Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:42
English to Spanish
Sep 20, 2001

Hi. I\'m not sure this is the right place to suggest this, please excuse me (or moderate me!) if it\'s not.

I read a while ago in Translation News a very touching article (and again, excuse me if I don\'t remember well) about a man who, after many years, was able to learn about the meaning of an old piece of paper (I believe it was written in Japanese). This was somehow related to a warning about the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings, and how it had helped this man to know that the Americans
... See more
Hi. I\'m not sure this is the right place to suggest this, please excuse me (or moderate me!) if it\'s not.

I read a while ago in Translation News a very touching article (and again, excuse me if I don\'t remember well) about a man who, after many years, was able to learn about the meaning of an old piece of paper (I believe it was written in Japanese). This was somehow related to a warning about the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings, and how it had helped this man to know that the Americans had tried to warn some people and maybe help some of them escape.

My suggestion is, could you re-post this link, more visibly perhaps, in view of last week\'s terrorist attacks and their aftermath? I think we need to use every element at hand to remind ourselves of the terrible and irreversible consequences of a war. The terrorists didn\'t think of this, of course, and they don\'t care, but maybe we can make a difference.

Thanks,

Andrea Bullrich

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

use translation to remind ourselves of the terrible consequence of war

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »