New FTP HOWTO posted
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 22:29
SITE STAFF
Nov 23, 2004

Hi everyone,

I have uploaded a new HOWTO document about using FTP with ProZ.com hosting. You can find it here: http://www.proz.com/howto/212

Comments are always welcome.

Best regards,

Jason

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-24 06:16]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 04:29
English to German
+ ...
that was great Nov 23, 2004

Hi! and thank you that was great, does it function equally well with the basic hosting! Because I read somewhere anonymous ftp is enabled only on advanced hosting. Rgds, Brandis - I shall try out and get back.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 22:29
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
HOWTO applies to both standard and advanced hosting packages Nov 24, 2004

Brandis wrote:
does it function equally well with the basic hosting!

Hi Brandis,

The FTP howto applies to both of the available hosting packages. The only FTP-related difference between the two packages is that the standard package allows you to create only one extra FTP account, while the advanced package allows you to create 5 extra FTP accounts.

Anonymous FTP access is available for each hosting account that enables it (using the login "anonymous@yourdomain.com"). Traditional anonymous FTP access (using the login "anonymous") is disabled.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New FTP HOWTO posted

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »