Thread poster: Rebecca Lyne
Rebecca Lyne
Rebecca Lyne
France
French to English
+ ...
Aug 30, 2013

Hello All,

This may be an old issue, so pardon me if this is repetitive. However, can anyone speak to the value of Proz certification vs any others?

I am not a certified translator currently and frankly I have never found it to be much of an issue until recently. I translate French and Italian to English and only rarely have I ever seen this as a requirement from EU agencies or clients. However, if there is a value I am missing in terms of more business, then I would b
... See more
Hello All,

This may be an old issue, so pardon me if this is repetitive. However, can anyone speak to the value of Proz certification vs any others?

I am not a certified translator currently and frankly I have never found it to be much of an issue until recently. I translate French and Italian to English and only rarely have I ever seen this as a requirement from EU agencies or clients. However, if there is a value I am missing in terms of more business, then I would be interested.

All that said, are people finding that Proz certification is becoming accepted equally as say, ATA certification?

Your thoughts welcome...

Rebecca
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz certification vs Others

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »