Thread poster: Sara Santa Clara
Sara Santa Clara
Sara Santa Clara
Local time: 10:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 24, 2002

Antes de mais... olá, colegas!

Preciso da vossa ajuda - algum de vocês traduziu já DVDs ou videos? Se sim, quanto é que cobraram por minuto? Estou interessada nesse tipo de tradução mas não faço ideia quais são as tarifas vigentes.

Obrigada!

Sara

OlafK
OlafK
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
Sorry, I don't speak portuguese Sep 14, 2002

I sometimes work for a client who pays £3.50 per minute. But that includes reviewing the film at their office (in London), without reviewing they pay £3.00.

I think it is very poor but I like the work. Others pay per subtitle or, if you\'re lucky, per word.

Sara Santa Clara
Sara Santa Clara
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Olaf, Sep 17, 2002

Thank you for replying - in English is fine!

I didn\'t realise they paid such low rates for subtitling! I really would like to do this kind of work, though...

Do you find it is worth your while? I mean, £3.50 per minute is like £0.01 per word (average 100 minute script has about 20000 words)...

OlafK
OlafK
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
I don't know where you got your figures from Sep 17, 2002

20,000 words is certainly not the average for 100 minutes of film. It\'s more like 7,000 or 8,000, so that\'s not very much but a lot more than you said. Try and negotiate payment per word, that\'s what I usually do.

I rarely do film subtitling anymore because prices are so low, actually they seem to fall. You will find that many companies pay far less. Don\'t bother with them.

Sara Santa Clara
Sara Santa Clara
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I followed your advice... Sep 27, 2002

to find out how many words there were in a script I downloaded one on the internet. Allowing for all the instructions and scene descriptions I came up with that figure... But I decided to take your word for it - after all you have been doing subtitling and I haven\'t - so, thank you very much for your input!

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

preço por 1 minuto de video...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »