Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you recommend a colleague to your clients if you cannot accept a particular project?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Michael Wetzel
Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:22
German to English
yes and no Oct 15, 2014

I do not recommend colleagues who are actually in competition with me (= translators specialized in German > English and specialized in art), although I am in the process of figuring out if I should begin to do so or begin to outsource appropriate projects that I don't have time to do myself.

I almost always recommend or, if I can't recommend someone, at least name colleagues and sources for finding translators (mostly the lists of members of translators' associations) when I get re
... See more
I do not recommend colleagues who are actually in competition with me (= translators specialized in German > English and specialized in art), although I am in the process of figuring out if I should begin to do so or begin to outsource appropriate projects that I don't have time to do myself.

I almost always recommend or, if I can't recommend someone, at least name colleagues and sources for finding translators (mostly the lists of members of translators' associations) when I get requests for bids for projects involving English > German or other language pairs or other subject areas.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you recommend a colleague to your clients if you cannot accept a particular project?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »