MetaTexis: Word update, MS access,
Thread poster: Daniel Goldman
Daniel Goldman
Daniel Goldman
Local time: 15:56
German to English
Feb 4, 2004

Greetings,
I am new to CAT, and MetaTexis is the first tool I'm trying. I read in another forum that alot of people complained that MetaTexis often requires users to download a MS office update to fix a buggy WORD program. I have no problems with this - in fact I was glad that the program confirmed my suspicions. I followed MetaTexis' instructions and now the demo works fine.
I do however have a few questions. What is MS Runtime Access, and how do I know if I have it installed
... See more
Greetings,
I am new to CAT, and MetaTexis is the first tool I'm trying. I read in another forum that alot of people complained that MetaTexis often requires users to download a MS office update to fix a buggy WORD program. I have no problems with this - in fact I was glad that the program confirmed my suspicions. I followed MetaTexis' instructions and now the demo works fine.
I do however have a few questions. What is MS Runtime Access, and how do I know if I have it installed on my computer? This question arises because MetaTexis' Translation Memory is supposed to give you three databases to choose from: type 1, type 2a and type 2b. Type 1 requires MS Access; the other two don't. On my computer however, only type 1 is available. The other two options are inactive. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks,
-Diver
Collapse

Daniel Goldman
Daniel Goldman
Local time: 15:56
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Question has been answered by developer Feb 4, 2004

Greetings,
Before anyone else bothers answering this, I'd like to inform you that Mr. Bruns, the software developer answered the question (very promptly) in response to an email which I sent to him on the subject. I assume he has nothing against my quoting his answer. He wrote:
"If type 1 is available and selectable, type 1 will work! (This means,
either MS Access is installed on your system, or MS Access Runtime - but
you do not have to worry about it.)

An
... See more
Greetings,
Before anyone else bothers answering this, I'd like to inform you that Mr. Bruns, the software developer answered the question (very promptly) in response to an email which I sent to him on the subject. I assume he has nothing against my quoting his answer. He wrote:
"If type 1 is available and selectable, type 1 will work! (This means,
either MS Access is installed on your system, or MS Access Runtime - but
you do not have to worry about it.)

Anyway, that types 2a and 2b are not available on your system is
probably due to the faxt that you are running Win98 or Win95. To make
type 2 work as well, please install version 2.21 of MetaTexis. But
before you can do this you must install a special Unicode DLL for Win98
(Unicode Win98.exe). Go to www.metatexis.com/program.htm to download
both installation files."
This solved the problem.
-Diver
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MetaTexis: Word update, MS access,

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »