Mirelluk  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:08
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 31, 2010

Good morning,

Lately I have noticed some malfunctioning or at least inconsistencies with my DJVX Pro, in particular with the ability to store and retrieve bits and pieces from the TDBs or the memories.

Looking at some older post I was wondering whether this is a location issue.

Can you please advise on the best location to place the "settings.dvset" file?

I work in Windows XP Professional.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mir
... See more
Good morning,

Lately I have noticed some malfunctioning or at least inconsistencies with my DJVX Pro, in particular with the ability to store and retrieve bits and pieces from the TDBs or the memories.

Looking at some older post I was wondering whether this is a location issue.

Can you please advise on the best location to place the "settings.dvset" file?

I work in Windows XP Professional.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mirella
Collapse

Herbert Eppel
Herbert Eppel  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Location of "settings.dvset" is irrelevant May 31, 2010

Hi Mirella

I would suggest that inconsistencies you described aren't related to the location of "settings.dvset", i.e. I suspect there must be other reasons.

In my experience there is nothing wrong with the default location of "settings.dvset", although I keep my settings file in my user data so that it is backed up regularly along with my other user data.

Regards

Herbert

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:08
English to German
Only potential pitfall is access rights May 31, 2010

Like Herbert said, the location of settings.dvset is irrelevant, as long as you make sure that the user account you work with has full access to the file. This is nearly always the case if you use an administrator account (as nearly all of us do in Windows XP), but may not be the case if you use a regular user account. Regular users for instance have no write access to the Program Files directory.

Endre

Mirelluk
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 31, 2010

Hi Herbert and Endre,

I am the account administrator so no problem from that front.

I also tried to update my DJV X version, but with no luck. Powerling sent me instructions but the updating process gets stuck.

Thanks a lot anyway, I have to investigate the matter further.

Have a good evening.

Mirella

Herbert Eppel
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
DVX update May 31, 2010

I also tried to update my DJV X version, but with no luck.

What is your current version/build?

Updating should be straightforward via this link: http://atril.com/downloads/uchoices.asp?InFrame=True

What exactly is the problem you are seeing?

Mirelluk
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bank holiday!!! May 31, 2010

Hi Herbert,

It is bank holiday today but I am up to my neck with urgent work.
I'll send you more details tomorrow.

A big thank you and BFN
Mirella

Mirelluk
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am back! Jun 10, 2010

Dear Herbert and Endre,

Apologies for my long absence from this forum.

Today I finally managed to update my DJVX Pro from the Atril website, from my desktop, but the only succesful way was by using the update.exe and not the websetup.exe.

Do I need to do the same for my laptop computer? Or the dongle has been updated and that's it?
(as you can gather from my questions I am not very computer savy!)

My current version is apparently the late
... See more
Dear Herbert and Endre,

Apologies for my long absence from this forum.

Today I finally managed to update my DJVX Pro from the Atril website, from my desktop, but the only succesful way was by using the update.exe and not the websetup.exe.

Do I need to do the same for my laptop computer? Or the dongle has been updated and that's it?
(as you can gather from my questions I am not very computer savy!)

My current version is apparently the latest build 7.5.316.

If I may, I would also like to have a clarification on the memories.
When working on a project I often attach 2 TMs and 2 TermDBs: is it true that the segments/terms I send to the TMs and TDBs go to both and all?

Many thanks again for your kindness.

Mirella
Collapse

Herbert Eppel
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Need to upgrade laptop too Jun 10, 2010

Dear Mirella

All the dongle does is deal with the licence - it isn't involved in the software update, i.e. you need to update your laptop separately.

Your separate database question is an interesting one - I need to reflect on it!

Regards

Herbert

Mirelluk
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What if the lap top is not in my name? Jun 10, 2010

Hi,

I tried the update with both update.exe and websetup.exe and after a few failed attempts ("Corrupted update") I was finally successful: computers can be moody, as you know.
Besides, this particular lap top is in my husband's name, and I thought that this fact had hindered the update.

Talking of memories: I keep the AutoSearch window on the right hand side of my screen and I can see, at the bottom of it, to which TM or TDB each numbered word or phrase is rela
... See more
Hi,

I tried the update with both update.exe and websetup.exe and after a few failed attempts ("Corrupted update") I was finally successful: computers can be moody, as you know.
Besides, this particular lap top is in my husband's name, and I thought that this fact had hindered the update.

Talking of memories: I keep the AutoSearch window on the right hand side of my screen and I can see, at the bottom of it, to which TM or TDB each numbered word or phrase is related to.
That proves that the TMs and TDBs are actually attached to the project but, as I said, I have no idea whether each further imput goes to all of them.

Next: "autopropagate". I checked in Options Environment that such function is ticked/activated when I do Ctl Down, but it does not seem to propagate anything. Do I have to press F9 each time??

Thanks a lot.

Mirella

[Edited at 2010-06-10 18:47 GMT]
Collapse

Herbert Eppel
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Lots of questions - transfer to e-mail list? Jun 10, 2010

Dear Mirella

This thread is getting a little out of hand, so to speak.

Could I encourage you to join the e-mail list at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/ ?

I find this more convenient than a web-based forum and would be happy to answer further questions there, although others may, of course, provide answers here in this forum.

Bes
... See more
Dear Mirella

This thread is getting a little out of hand, so to speak.

Could I encourage you to join the e-mail list at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/ ?

I find this more convenient than a web-based forum and would be happy to answer further questions there, although others may, of course, provide answers here in this forum.

Best wishes

Herbert
Collapse

Mirelluk
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Jun 11, 2010

I understand and will move my questions to the yahoo group.

See you there!

M.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best location for file "settings.dvset"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »