Qutubuddin Khan
Qutubuddin Khan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:23
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 9, 2009

Hi,

Could somebody please let me know how to ensure that the formatting of target is consistent with that of the source when translating a MS-Word file in Across?

Thanks and Regards,

Qutubuddin

-------------------------------

Let me explain my question in a bit more detail, please.

I am working on a MS-Word file in Across.

My source para has one sentence bold and few other normal. When I t
... See more
Hi,

Could somebody please let me know how to ensure that the formatting of target is consistent with that of the source when translating a MS-Word file in Across?

Thanks and Regards,

Qutubuddin

-------------------------------

Let me explain my question in a bit more detail, please.

I am working on a MS-Word file in Across.

My source para has one sentence bold and few other normal. When I translate in Target Editor, the translation of bold sentence used to come formatted bold automatically, and the rest normal without getting bold - consistent to the source formatting.

It worked in several pages.

However, now I notice that formatting consistency is not reflected in the target. All sentences, bold or normal in source, come normal in target, and I have to manually select the target, then apply the formatting as per the source.

I don't know what went wrong.

How can I get the formatting done in accordance with with source, as it used to be earlier?

Thanks & Regards,

Qutubuddin

[Edited at 2009-02-09 16:24 GMT]
Collapse

Christiane Lindstädt-Diehl
Christiane Lindstädt-Diehl  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:53
French to German
+ ...
Formatting in Across Feb 9, 2009

Hi,

if you open the segment in which you translate your MS-text, you see a line with, for example "Tahoma 14 pt". If you click at the right side, you'll get a menu with the font of the source language used (also if it is bold and so on). And so you simply chose in the menu the font or style you need in the paragraphe.

I hope this was a little help.

Bye
Christiane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Consistency of Formatting in Across

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »