Thread poster: dikran d (X)
dikran d (X)
dikran d (X)  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:37
French to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 4, 2011

After populating the entire project (by mistake) is it possible to undo that operation?
Thanks.

+ I am using the old version (DVX version 7.5.338)

[Modifié le 2011-12-04 12:22 GMT]

[Modifié le 2011-12-04 12:23 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ctrl+Z Dec 4, 2011

Hi Dikran,

Press Ctrl+Z several times, e.g., if you have 100 segments in the project press 100 times.

But it works just after the Alt+F5 operation, if you closed the project then the cache is cleared as well.

Selcuk

--------------

Just tested in a project with 734 segments, it worked even for such a large project (approx. 10K words). But I use DVX2, it may be different in DVX1.

[Edited at 2011-12-04 12:57 GMT]

dikran d (X)
Türkiye
French to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DVX vs DVX2 Dec 4, 2011

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Hi Dikran,

Press Ctrl+Z several times, e.g., if you have 100 segments in the project press 100 times.

But it works just after the Alt+F5 operation, if you closed the project then the cache is cleared as well.

Selcuk

--------------

Just tested in a project with 734 segments, it worked even for such a large project (approx. 10K words). But I use DVX2, it may be different in DVX1.

[Edited at 2011-12-04 12:57 GMT]

Yes, I think it does not work on DVX.
I do not have DVX2.
If you populate individual segments manually by clicking successively on F5, you can undo all the changes by hitting CTRL Z as many times as needed.
But after a Alt+F5, CTRL+Z does not help.
Thanks anyway.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Works in DVX1 as well Dec 4, 2011

Dikran,

Tested with DVX1 now, it works. But note that all segment statuses will be cleared.

dikran d (X)
Türkiye
French to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is it the same DVX version? Dec 4, 2011

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Dikran,

Tested with DVX1 now, it works. But note that all segment statuses will be cleared.

Hi Selçuk,

I have downloaded DVX a few months ago, so it must be a recent version.
But here it does not work even on a very small file...
I have just tried again.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
Local time: 15:38
English to Turkish
+ ...
338 is the latest build for DVX1 Dec 4, 2011

Dikran,

You already have the latest DVX1 build 7.5.0338, and Ctrl+Z is nothing new, it was available in all DVX1 builds as far as I can remember.

AFAIK, you use the standard version, one more reason to use the Professional version is the Guaranteed Matches. If you were using the Pro version, all segments would be saved in the TM with their context. So you could easily Pretranslate the file with those Guaranted Matches.

Anyway, I suggest you to use the Pretr
... See more
Dikran,

You already have the latest DVX1 build 7.5.0338, and Ctrl+Z is nothing new, it was available in all DVX1 builds as far as I can remember.

AFAIK, you use the standard version, one more reason to use the Professional version is the Guaranteed Matches. If you were using the Pro version, all segments would be saved in the TM with their context. So you could easily Pretranslate the file with those Guaranted Matches.

Anyway, I suggest you to use the Pretranslate function even without Guaranteed Matches.
Collapse

dikran d (X)
Türkiye
French to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok Dec 4, 2011

When I restore with pretranslate, those populated segments remain as they are right? Whereas I want them empty as at the beginning.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Do you want to clear all translations? Dec 4, 2011

Select "All unpainted rows" from the Row Selector, then right click in the grid and select Clear Al Translations. All populated segments will be cleared.

dikran d (X)
Türkiye
French to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 4, 2011

Ok.
Thanks!

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ctrl+Z does not work when Alt+F5 is used Dec 4, 2011

Sorry for the confusion, I selected all segments and then pressed F5 to populate them, not with Alt+F5

Ctrl+Z works after F5 but not when Alt+F5 is used.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ALT+F5

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »