https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/33705-not_very_helpful_error_message.html?phpv_redirected=1&phpv_redirected=2

Not very helpful error message
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:26
Lid 2003
Fins naar Duits
+ ...
Jun 23, 2005

I converted a TM from Trados for Wf. Now when I reorganize the TM in Wf (5.0), I get a message: 5 TU found with language code longer than 5 characters. Search for DE-DE in order to locate the first bad TU.

But when I look at the TM in an editor, all looks fine, there is no unit that looks strange. And the TM works alright.
I thinik at least the message should tell the number of the unit instead of this cryptic text.

Any experience?
Regards
Heinr
... See more
I converted a TM from Trados for Wf. Now when I reorganize the TM in Wf (5.0), I get a message: 5 TU found with language code longer than 5 characters. Search for DE-DE in order to locate the first bad TU.

But when I look at the TM in an editor, all looks fine, there is no unit that looks strange. And the TM works alright.
I thinik at least the message should tell the number of the unit instead of this cryptic text.

Any experience?
Regards
Heinrich
Collapse

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Noorwegen
Local time: 03:26
Lid 2002
Engels naar Noors
+ ...
Excel Jun 23, 2005

I have experienced this as well, and I opened the TM in Excel. Doing this helped a lot to spot the error, and it was then quite easy to fix.

Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not very helpful error message

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »