https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/162478-how_does_wordpress_work_with_prozcom_hosting.html?phpv_redirected=1&phpv_redirected=2

How does wordpress work with ProZ.com hosting?
Thread poster: Bonnie Brusky
Bonnie Brusky
Bonnie Brusky  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:07
French to English
+ ...
Apr 12, 2010

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone out there uses wordpress? Was it easy to install on the proz hosting platform? Any bugs I should know of before making my decision on where to host my site?

Many thanks in advance!
Bonnie

Rodrigo Mencía
Rodrigo Mencía  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi! Apr 24, 2010

Hi Bonnie,

The hosting FAQ says:

---------------------------

37 - Can I install a Content Management System (CMS) such as Joomla! or WordPress in my hosting account? [Direct link]

Yes, several members have successfully installed CMS including Joomla!, WordPress, and Drupal. However, resolving specific errors with the ini_set() PHP option (explain
... See more
Hi Bonnie,

The hosting FAQ says:

37 - Can I install a Content Management System (CMS) such as Joomla! or WordPress in my hosting account? [Direct link]

Yes, several members have successfully installed CMS including Joomla!, WordPress, and Drupal. However, resolving specific errors with the ini_set() PHP option (explained in detail here: http://drupal.org/node/54152) may require staff intervention. Please submit a support request if you need assistance.

Or were you asking only for experiences about the sites and that?

Rodrigo

[Editado a las 2010-04-24 19:53 GMT]
Collapse

Bonnie Brusky
Bonnie Brusky  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using wordpress with proz.com hosting Apr 25, 2010

Hi Rodrigo,
I just want to know what to expect before making the decision to use wordpress or something else. I am not technologically gifted, and while I am a quick learner, I have no desire to spend my days trying to resolve bugs and to devise workarounds...So I was hoping to hear about others' experiences (good and bad), to see what awaits me. Have you tried hosting a wordpress-created site on Proz.com? If so, how did that work for you?

Thanks in advance!

Bonn
... See more
Hi Rodrigo,
I just want to know what to expect before making the decision to use wordpress or something else. I am not technologically gifted, and while I am a quick learner, I have no desire to spend my days trying to resolve bugs and to devise workarounds...So I was hoping to hear about others' experiences (good and bad), to see what awaits me. Have you tried hosting a wordpress-created site on Proz.com? If so, how did that work for you?

Thanks in advance!

Bonnie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does wordpress work with ProZ.com hosting?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »