How does wordpress work with ProZ.com hosting?
Thread poster: Bonnie Brusky
Bonnie Brusky
Bonnie Brusky  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:50
French to English
+ ...
Apr 12, 2010

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone out there uses wordpress? Was it easy to install on the proz hosting platform? Any bugs I should know of before making my decision on where to host my site?

Many thanks in advance!
Bonnie

Rodrigo Mencía
Rodrigo Mencía  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi! Apr 24, 2010

Hi Bonnie,

The hosting FAQ says:

---------------------------

37 - Can I install a Content Management System (CMS) such as Joomla! or WordPress in my hosting account? [Direct link]

Yes, several members have successfully installed CMS including Joomla!, WordPress, and Drupal. However, resolving specific errors with the ini_set() PHP option (explain
... See more
Hi Bonnie,

The hosting FAQ says:

37 - Can I install a Content Management System (CMS) such as Joomla! or WordPress in my hosting account? [Direct link]

Yes, several members have successfully installed CMS including Joomla!, WordPress, and Drupal. However, resolving specific errors with the ini_set() PHP option (explained in detail here: http://drupal.org/node/54152) may require staff intervention. Please submit a support request if you need assistance.

Or were you asking only for experiences about the sites and that?

Rodrigo

[Editado a las 2010-04-24 19:53 GMT]
Collapse

Bonnie Brusky
Bonnie Brusky  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using wordpress with proz.com hosting Apr 25, 2010

Hi Rodrigo,
I just want to know what to expect before making the decision to use wordpress or something else. I am not technologically gifted, and while I am a quick learner, I have no desire to spend my days trying to resolve bugs and to devise workarounds...So I was hoping to hear about others' experiences (good and bad), to see what awaits me. Have you tried hosting a wordpress-created site on Proz.com? If so, how did that work for you?

Thanks in advance!

Bonn
... See more
Hi Rodrigo,
I just want to know what to expect before making the decision to use wordpress or something else. I am not technologically gifted, and while I am a quick learner, I have no desire to spend my days trying to resolve bugs and to devise workarounds...So I was hoping to hear about others' experiences (good and bad), to see what awaits me. Have you tried hosting a wordpress-created site on Proz.com? If so, how did that work for you?

Thanks in advance!

Bonnie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does wordpress work with ProZ.com hosting?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »