https://www.proz.com/forum/literature_poetry/248572-translating_names_of_streets_paintings-page2.html?phpv_redirected=1&phpv_redirected=2

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Translating names of streets, paintings
Thread poster: Josephine Cassar
danielagreca (X)
danielagreca (X)
Italy
Local time: 06:36
French to English
+ ...
FUNNY GAME TO DO WITH NAMES AND SURNAMES! Oct 31, 2013

Hi!

I am an Italian young woman. I never translate streets, paintings, names from ITALIAN to ENGLISH.

QUOTATION:
"Boban Stevanovski wrote:
It could to be funny if you try to translate (some) foreign name, especially name of street, people, cities, etc".

I totally agree with Boban and the most part of you! I enjoy myself with this "funny game"!

Ex :
Morgan Freeman: Morgano Uomolibero...
See more
Hi!

I am an Italian young woman. I never translate streets, paintings, names from ITALIAN to ENGLISH.

QUOTATION:
"Boban Stevanovski wrote:
It could to be funny if you try to translate (some) foreign name, especially name of street, people, cities, etc".

I totally agree with Boban and the most part of you! I enjoy myself with this "funny game"!

Ex :
Morgan Freeman: Morgano Uomolibero

TRY IT !

-
Collapse

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:36
French to English
Poudlard Oct 31, 2013

Like in the Harry Potter translations into French. The translator turned Hogwarts into Poudlard and found or made up French words for Muggles, Death Eaters, etc. Mostly quite brilliant. I don't know why he stopped short of Henri Lepotier though.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating names of streets, paintings

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »