Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Source text - Dutch Oligonucleotiden zijn korte RNA en/of DNA stukjes die toegediend kunnen worden aan mensen, dieren of planten om processen in de cel te reguleren. Oligonucleotiden kunnen afhankelijk van de samenstelling binden aan DNA, RNA of eiwitten, waardoor de expressie van genen gereguleerd of de sequentievolgorde in het DNA veranderd kan worden. De COGEM is gevraagd om de toepassingen van oligonucleotiden in kaart te brengen die, bedoeld of onbedoeld, kunnen leiden tot genetische modificatie van cellen. Tot de oligonucleotiden die bedoeld een interactie aangaan met DNA behoren chimeraplastie-oligonucleotiden, chemisch gemodificeerde enkelstrengs DNA oligonucleotiden, niet-gemodificeerde enkelstrengs DNA oligonucleotiden, 'branched' oligonucleotiden, 'triple helix forming' oligonucleotiden en integrerende recombinant dubbelstrengs DNA oligonucleotiden. De COGEM is van mening dat dergelijke oligonucleotiden kunnen leiden tot sequentieveranderingen in het genoom, waarbij een zeer kleine kans bestaat dat ook onbedoelde sequentiemodificaties geïnduceerd worden. Daarnaast zijn er oligonucleotiden die een interactie aangaan met RNA of eiwitten, zoals antisense RNA oligonucleotiden, siRNA, CpG oligonucleotiden, eiwitbindende oligonucleotiden en aptameren. De COGEM is van mening dat de kans dat sequentieveranderingen in het genoom geïnduceerd worden door deze groep oligonucleotiden verwaarloosbaar klein is.
Translation - English Oligonucleotides are short RNA and/or DNA-particles that can be administered to people, animals, or plants in order to regulate processes. Depending on the individual composition, oligonucleotides can bind to DNA, RNA, or protein by which the expression of genes or the sequential order of the DNA can be changed. The COGEM has been requested to map out the applications of oligonucleotides, which advertently or inadvertently can lead to the genetic modification of cells.
The oligonucleotides that are meant to interact with DNA consist of chimeraplasty-oligonucleotides, chemically modified single strings of DNA oligonucleotides, non-modified single strings of DNA oligonucleotides, branched oligonucleotides, triple helix forming oligonucleotides, and integrating recombinant double strings of DNA oligonucleotides. It is the opinion of the COGEM that such oligonucleotides can lead to sequential changes in the genome to which a rather small change can cause an unintended sequence change.
Apart from that, there are oligonucleotides that interact with the RNA of protein-like antisense RNA oligonucleotides, siRNA, CpG oligonucleotides, protein binding oligonucleotides, and aptameres. It is the opinion of the COGEM that the sequence changes to the genome, which are induced by this group of oligonucleotides, are negligible.
Other - University of Utrecht, Universidad de Granada, Certified Teacher of English
Years of translation experience: 21. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2005. Became a member: Jul 2005.
English to Dutch (Sworn in Court - District Court of Lelystad (NL)) English to Dutch (Bachelor of Arts - University (UK)) Dutch to English (Bachelor of Arts - University (UK)) Dutch to English (Sworn in court (district court of Lelystad))
E-MAIL CHECK EVERY 15 MINUTES (during business hours GMT+1)
20+ YEARS DAILY EXPERIENCE IN LEGAL AND FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS LIKE COURT PROCEEDINGS, INTERIM INJUNCTION PROCEEDINGS, ANNUAL REPORTS, PROSPECTUSES, AND INVESTMENT RELATED DOCUMENTS LIKE FUND INTRODUCTIONS, MONTHLY STATEMENTS, IPOs ETC.
Name: Mireille-Angelique Both,Nationality: Dutch
Mother tongue: Dutch
Primary language combination ENGLISH - DUTCH
I have been working as a court sworn fulltime freelance translator since 1999 with language pair
English to Dutch.
My main fields are medicine, business/finance and legal.
In de medical field, I have translated many medical (software) texts (including localization) relating to brain
surgery, heart surgery, knee surgery, PCFs, pharmaceuticals, surveys, research reports etc.
In the field of business/finance I am especially keen on stock market, banking and investment related texts
(prospectus), having worked on the stock market myself in the past.
Although I am very experienced in the medical and business field, I have sufficient experience in most other
fields. I have translated 1,000,000+ words on cameras, digital cameras, video recorders, navigation systems,
DVD players, televisions, mobile phones etc.
I work fast, accurate and always meet the deadline!
Prop. Literature and languages- University of Utrecht
Bachelor of Arts in English, major English, minor literature
Certificate Spanish advanced level – Universidad de Granada
Diploma Teacher of English
Sworn in Court as a translator Dutch to English and English to Dutch – District Court of Zwolle – Lelystad (the
Primary translator for:
- Brainlab Inc
- Dow Chemical
- DataCard Inc.
- Northwest Airlines
- Park Plaza Hotels
- Ingersoll Rand
- Starkey Laboratories
- Linksys Inc.
- Tennant Company
Law, Finance and Business:
- Variety of legal documents, including contracts, company incorporation documents,
internal company regulations, and legal advice letters;
- Variety of company financial documents including company accounts,
annual reports and lease-agreements;
- Translations about the ABN AMRO consortium;
- 22,000 words on trading and investing for CITY;
- Translation of several annual reports for KPMG;
- 12.000+ words on a financial prospectus for Deutsche Bank;
- Notary acts;
- Many legal documents for medical and financial companies (ING, Medtronic, Thomson Reuters);
- Over 1 million words on stock market related materials (late trading, emerging markets, market timing,
special derivatives, foreign exchange market, etc.);
- Translation of financial press releases on a monthly basis;
- Business letters, marketing documents;
- Various Terms and Conditions for several companies, including Verizon, Paypal, Mercado, Navman Inc.;
- Several Policy Statements and contracts for small organizations to large companies, law firms etc.;
- Various patents for the European Patent Office relating to various subjects;
- 250,000 words translation concerning a Prospectus for a Swiss Bank (private banking);
- translations relating to medical equipment of all kinds for 3M
- Over 1 million words on Safety First in the work place for Dow Chemical
- various patents for the European Patent Office in the field of medical equipment/ instruments/machines
- Various translations for Medtronic (+ 200,000 words)
- On average 20,000 words per month, each month for Brainlab Inc. (mainly brain and invasive heart surgery)
- translation of 25,000 words - Centricity Anasthesia from GE Healthcare
- Xeleris (GE Medical) system for Cardiac and Brain-SPECT (73,000 words)
- DeepBreeze medical appliance for lung patients (34,000 words)
- Translation on sample transfer procedures, ICON Laboratories (17,000 words)
- ICF's for numerous medical companies (+ 150,000 words)
- Various assessment forms;
- ICF's on radiation therapy (Prostheris) (6,000 words)
- various medical questionnaires;
- Satiety and dietary assessments;
- documents about the use of acupuncture needles;
- monthly articles on beauty treatments (dermabrasion);
- monthly translations of scientific articles for a doctors magazine.
- translation of an academic book on diabetes (+25.000 words)
- translations relating to cardiology, carpal tunnel syndrome, peripheral nerve injuries,
subcutaneous insertion needles, stability dysfunction and many other subjects;
- many translations on medical equipment.
Engineering, IT and Manuals:
- Standards relating to the use of machinery and equipment;
- Translation of an 18,000 word website;
- Various technical manuals for ABN AMRO;
- +30,000 words on IT and IT-related products/software and wireless internet for Linksys;
- +30,000 words on hydraulics for Ingersoll Rand;
- Translation of a manual concerning semi-conductors for Philips;
- Translation of a DVD manual (+20,000 words);
- Translation of various press releases and leaflets concerning digital cameras (RICOH);
- Translation of a booklet for a Ricoh digital camera (+30,000 words);
- Translation of a mobile DVD-player for Panasonic;
- Translation of a trouble shooting manual in reference to mobile phones;
- Translation of manual concerning a mobile phone device (TOSHIBA);
- Translation of 120,000+ words concerning a CAD-program MX6000;
- Translation of the manual for a home surround system from Panasonic (32,000 words).
Tourism, Culture, Food:
- Tourist guides and other tourism-related documents;
- Several newspaper articles relating to current affairs;
- Translation of various real estate city books;
- 28,000 words for the British Midland tourist board;
- Three Lonely Planet tourist books (30,000 words);
- Translation of the entire menu for a chain of well known hotels;
- First translator for North West Airlines (flight menus);
- Menu's for Eden Hotel Group.
fixed rate of 0.10 euro (0.12 USD) per source word
Proofreading: 0.03 Euro (0.04 USD) per source word
Payments can be made by bank transfer (preferred)
or PayPal: email@example.com
No cheques please!
Sending and receiving by e-mail (Ms Word, RTF, PDF or Excel)
CAT tool: TRADOS Studio 2011
PC with broadband internet
Microsoft Office 2010
Operating system: Windows 7
References available on request
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.