Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
"Translation is not a matter of words only: it is a matter of making intelligible a whole culture."
- Anthony Burgess
Originally from Ireland, my professional journey has taken me to Germany, France, and Canada. My rich and varied experiences have ensured that I’m an extremely adaptable professional who embraces new challenges and learns quickly. I have a particular passion for the written word, and I especially enjoy working with companies to develop quality content for online audiences.
I offer translation, editing, and copy writing services.
- Native English Speaker from the UK
- BA in French and German (First Class Honours)
- 5 years' work experience in France (English teacher/proofreader/translator at Paris law firm, intern at Assemblée Nationale, commercial assistant for a UK company, content editor for a travel website, and social media consultant for a digital marketing agency)
- Extensive experience writing, editing, and translating online content (websites, social media, newsletters etc.), as well offline marketing materials (press releases, product briefs, sales collaterals, trade show materials, etc.)
- 4 years' experience editing technical training documents for electrical engineers, developing company marketing communications materials, and working with internal subject matter experts to create knowledge-based content for promotional use, such as conference papers and technical articles
Some of my previous translation projects have included the following:
- English translation of a biography of an American artist (published 2011)
- Translations for a French arts and crafts indexing website
Translation of tutorials, information on craft products, and craft techniques. Topics covered include salt dough, fimo clay, shrink plastic, flower arranging and creative cooking techniques.
Comment from website manager, "Emma-Jane effectue ses tâches avec beaucoup de professionnalisme, d’efficacité et d’enthousiasme."
- Translations for French NGO Solidarités International
Translation of sections of the Solidarités mission report from the Democratic Republic of Congo and press release for World Water Day 2009, as well as website pages for their projects in Chad and the DRC.
As part of the Solidarités team on ProZ I have also been involved in editing and project management. I was project manager for a 17,000 word document divided between six translators and four editors.
- Translation of educational worksheets for an online classroom website promoting global citizenship among teenagers. Theme: water and citizenship.
- Translation of subtitles for a conference on Ukranian agriculture.
- Translation of publicity material and company profiles for Paris law firm.
- For three years I worked for a UK carpet manufacturer in France. As such I am excellently placed to conduct translations within this specialised field, especially in relation to woollen carpet manufacture, carpet specifications, design briefs, and carpet-related marketing materials. I have my own French-English glossary, which enables me to ensure quality and consistency within this field of translation.
Keywords: french, english, translation, business, marketing, website, web copy, copy writing, web content, NGO, development, charity, crafts, sewing, tutorial, cooking, wool, design, carpets, editing, art, biography, artist