Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Swahili: HIV/Aids General field: Medical Detailed field: Medical: Health Care
Source text - English HIV/Aids is one of the leading causes of death among young people in Africa. Therefore, any counselling aimed at containing the spread of HIV/Aids must of necessity include the young generations of this continent.
Translation - Swahili Ukimwi ni mojawapo wa visababishi vikuu vya vifo miongoni mwa vijana barani Afrika. Kwa hiyo, mashauri yoyote yanayokusudiwa kudhibiti kusambaa kwa Ukimwi ni lazima yawajumuishe vijana wa bara hili.
Source text - English • Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.lycamobile.co.ug. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our products and services, posting material or requesting further products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or our mobile telephone services and products.
• Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for market research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services. For example, now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we're doing.
• We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties, for example, collected from other members of your household.
Translation - Swahili • Taarifa unazotukabidhi kwa kujaza fomu kwenye tovuti yetu ya www.lycamobile.co.ug. Hizo zinatia ndani taarifa zinazoandaliwa wakati wa kujisajili kutumia tovuti yetu, kujiandikisha kupata bidhaa na huduma zetu, kutuma habari au kuomba bidhaa au huduma zaidi. Huenda pia tukakuomba taarifa wakati unaporipoti tatizo fulani kwenye tovuti yetu au huduma na bidhaa zetu za simu ya mkononi.
• Habari kuhusu kutembelea kwako tovuti yetu ikiwemo, lakini si tu, blogu na data nyingine za mawasiliano, iwe zinahitajika kwa ajili ya kuandaa bili zetu au vinginevyo na rasilmali unazofikia.
• Huenda pia tukakuomba ujaze uchunguzi ambao sisi hutumia kwa ajili ya utafiti wa masoko, ingawa si lazima ukubali kujaza.
• Data nyinginezo, mara kwa mara, ili kutusaidia kukuandalia bidhaa na huduma bora zaidi. Kwa mfano, mara kwa mara huenda tukakuomba ujaze hojaji, ili kutujulisha maoni yako kuhusu huduma zetu.
• Huenda tukajaliza taarifa unazotukabidhi na taarifa tunazopokea kutoka kwa wahusika wa tatu, kwa mfano, zinazokusanywa kutoka kwa jamaa wa nyumba yako.
English to Swahili: Patent Law General field: Law/Patents Detailed field: Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright
Source text - English Based on the same reasons of Claim 1, distinctive technological features and are announced by Evidences 2 and 3, as well as the technological cues when combining the mentioned distinctive technological features with Evidence 1 in order to acquire the technological plans in Claim 5; thus, the combination of Evidences 2 and 3 with Evidence 1 in order to acquire the technological plans of Claim 5 is apparent for normal technological staff in this field. Claim 5 is of no originality, which is regulated by Article 22, Clause 3 of the Patent Law.
Translation - Swahili Kwa msingi wa sababu hizohizo za Dai la 1, ishara za pekee za kiteknolojia nazo zimetangazwa na Ushahidi wa 2 na 3, na vilevile vidokezo vya kiteknolojia wakati wa kuunganisha ishara za pekee za kiteknolojia zilizotajwa na Ushahidi wa 1 ili kupata mipango ya kiteknolojia katika Dai la 5; kwa hiyo, muunganisho wa Ushahidi wa 2 na 3 na Ushahidi wa 1 ili kupata mipango ya Dai la 5 inaonekana kwa ajili ya wafanyakazi wa kiteknolojia katika nyanja hii. Dai la 5 halina uasilia, ambao hudhibitiwa na Kifungu cha 22, Sehemu ya 3 ya Sheria ya Umiliki.
English to Swahili: Business Travel General field: Marketing Detailed field: Tourism & Travel
Source text - English Business travelers can use their regular XXXX accounts to book business travel—all you need to do is link your work email address to your XXXX account so we can confirm that you work for your company. If you need to switch the account your work email is linked to, or if you no longer want your accounts to be linked, follow the steps below to unlink (or relink) your work email address from your personal XXXX account:
Translation - Swahili Wasafiri wa kikazi wanaweza kutumia akaunti zao za kawaida ili kuweka nafasi ya usafiri wa kikazi —unachohitaji tu ni kuunganisha anwani yako ya barua pepe kwa akaunti yako ya XXXX ili tuweze kuthibitisha kuwa unafanya kazi kwa kampuni yako. Ikiwa unahitaji kubadili akaunti iliyounganishwa na barua pepe yako, au iwapo kamwe hutaki akaunti yako iunganishwe, fuata hatua zifuatazo ili kuondoa uunganishaji (au kuunganisha tena) anwani yako ya barua pepe kutoka kwa akaunti yako ya kibinafsi ya XXXX:
Years of translation experience: 21. Registered at ProZ.com: Apr 2008. Became a member: May 2019.
English to Swahili (International Bible Students' Association--Kenya)
MateCat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Wordbee, Wordfast
Meet new translation company clients
Meet new end/direct clients
Improve my productivity
Learn more about additional services I can provide my clients
Buy or learn new work-related software
Network with other language professionals
Get help with terminology and resources
Stay up to date on what is happening in the language industry
I have twenty (20)
years of experience in English-Swahili translation and proofreading. I have
worked for many international organizations on a wide variety of topics and
subjects. I have worked for Avant Assessment (US) as a Target Language Expert.
My job involved collecting/creating Swahili reading passages and audios. I have
also dealt with medical documents (NHS, UK), Patient Facing material, medical
questionnaires; immigration; legal Agreements, technology, telecommunications,
Insurance Policy translation, localizations and so forth. Most recently, I have
been involved in the proofreading of mobile based courses dealing with 20
different subjects such as Bookkeeping, First Aid, International Cuisine, Golf,
Job Interviews, Time Management, Geometry, Home Safety, Child Rearing,
Presentation Skills, Insurance etc. I am also experienced in IT subject matter
(e.g. mobile phone content) translation. Also, I help in recruiting
patients/subjects for debriefing interviews and conducting such interviews.
Currently, I am a consultant translator for International Bible Students’
5.Life Sciences: Specialist in translating questionnaires
4. Specialist in translating and proofreading
3. Specialist in translating, proofreading,
2. Linguistic Validation Specialist (Specialist in
conducting in-person/on phone debriefing interviews)
1. Specialist in recruiting subjects/patients for
cognitive debriefing interviews
3. ILR Scale (SME/TLE/TLR): Specialist in semi-scripting and recording of
2. Specialist in creating purpose-written passages
1. Specialist in collection and review of authentic
reading/listening passages (with special focus on Clarity, Authenticity,
Variety, Relevance, Content richness, Timelessness)