Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I look forward to working with your organisation as an experienced, freelance
professional English to Spanish Translator (I also do editing, proofreading and subtitling).
I will give you superior quality and accurate, timely translations.
When you use my services, you will find me friendly, reliable and fast. I take pride in my work and aim for excellence regarding fidelity of content, attention to detail and presentation. I will also respect the confidentiality of the materials you entrust to me.
I SPECIALISE IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS
* Development, Humanitarian Aid, Refugees, Internally Displaced People
* Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion
* Diversity in organisations
* Political Science, World Bank and IMF
* Social Science including Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology and Ethics
* Advertising / Public Relations
* Business / Commerce
* Alternative and Complementary Medicine
* Education, Training and Human Resources
* Religion, Personal and Spiritual Development
RELEVANT HISTORY - I was born and grew up in Colombia where I studied Psychology at the university. I lived in England for 28 years, relocated to Colombia in 2002 for 8 years, and now I live in California, USA. These cultural and in depth living and language experiences enable me to produce translations in Spanish and English that are not only accurate, but also convey the spirit and meaning intended by the authors of the original documents.
EXPERIENCE – My primary translation work since 1985 has been with international non governmental organisations (NGOs) working in development and humanitarian aid. I began to specialise in this field whilst working in the Humanitarian Department of Oxfam GB in Oxford for 11 years. On leaving Oxfam, I continued working with this and other organisations as a freelance translator.
SOME OF THE ORGANISATIONS I HAVE WORKED WITH ARE:
* Oxfam GB
* Oxfam America
* Bretton Woods Project
* Action Aid
* Christian Aid
* Save the Children
* One World Action
* Norwegian Refugee Council
* Lutheran World Federation
* Progressio (Catholic Institute for International Relations)
* Health Unlimited
* International HIV/AIDS Alliance
* BOND International Development
* Sense International
* Hispanic Welfare Association
* British Society for Music Therapy
VALUES – I value a long term professional relationship with the client organisation. This benefits the client because of the accumulative knowledge of their mission, work, culture, and specialised vocabulary, which enables me to produce excellent translations that convey the right message. I am also genuinely interested in working with national and international NGOs as I have a passion for their altruistic missions.
I WELCOME SMALL AND LARGE PROJECTS, SHORT AND LONG TERM. SUCH AS:
* A Programme Management Information System (100,000 words, 355 pages)
* A book on personal and spiritual development for publication (348 pages)
* ‘The Pocket Humanitarian Handbook’ for Oxfam GB, for internal publication (60,000 words, 185 pages)
* Translation and proofreading of extensive training course on WASH and Hygiene Promotion in emergencies, for UNICEF and Oxfam GB (203,740 words, 959 pages)
* Internal policy, training, manual and updates on Diversity (77,450 words, 400 pages)
* Internal guidelines, policy and information on HIV (13,250 words, 37 pages)
* Articles on global economics and politics for publication
* Economic and Sociological research papers for publication, with Oxfam International
* Training guidelines and manuals
* Policy directives and manuals
* Video and film subtitles
* Power Point presentations
* Internal communications from headquarters to field offices
* Internal magazines and newsletters
* Press releases
* Reports / General / Greetings / Letters
I look forward to hearing from you next time you need a Spanish or English translation.For any additional information and free quote, please contact me at:email@example.com
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.