Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, MemSource Cloud, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Dreamweaver CS5, Antidote, Excel, OED Oxford English Dictionary, Prolexis 4.55, SDL Studio 2015, SDL Studio 2019, Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Subtitle Workshop, XTM
French Native, French mother tongue English to French Translator and Creative Writer since 1997 University degrees in Biology and Geology Serving as deputy mayor of my city and borough councillor from 2014 to March 2020.
All correspondance with clients is treated confidentially.
URSSAF 850 4116781391
I specialize in the following:
• Art, history and art history: being as well an artist, I am particularly interested in translations for museums, historical sites, exhibition catalogues etc. (Painting, medieval book, parchment, pigments, calligraphy, heritage)
• Environment and biology: I hold university degrees in that domain and have worked for several years selling various devices and chemicals for laboratories and industry. (Environment, MSDS, botany, cosmetics, safety, PPE, geology)
• Sports: part of my career as a journalist was focused on sport. I myself have practised diving, judo, jujitsu, etc. A large part of my work over the years has been related to scuba diving. (Tourism, diving gear, swimming, water sports)
• Local government policies: since 2014 I am serving as deputy mayor of my city, and borough councillor. This is an invaluable field experience that I'm now putting to good use for my translation work as well. Within the City Council I'm particularly in charge of communication policies, historical sites, land use (including disability standards), and pest control. (Institutional, government, administration, policy)
• Press releases: I have worked for the French press as a freelance journalist and I am quite familiar with the style and requirements of this industry.