Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
A full member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), I possess a unique combination of qualities, experience and professional interests that distinguish me as a provider of legal and government-related translations in the LT>EN pair.
- I have been a freelance translator for the past 14 years.
- I have a perfect command of both English and Lithuanian.
- Born in Lithuania, I was later brought up in the United States, and gained my knowledge of British English by attending university and continuing to reside in the UK.
- My two most distinct advantages are that LT>EN is my only language pair and that my LT>EN experience is specialised.
- I hold two university degrees in social sciences and also take great personal interest in law.
- As an experienced translator, I am now concentrating ever more exclusively on work in the following areas: legislation, public procurement and funding, private and intellectual property law, court records. The end users of my translations are mostly various European institutions, foreign companies and British law enforcement agencies.
- Translation is my principal professional activity, and I can therefore give your document the exceptional attention it requires and deserves. I take pride in delivering meticulous work and always appreciate receiving your feedback.
- Depending on the circumstances of a particular project, I work with Trados or MS Office. I can deliver the translated files in .pdf format as well.
Some of the fields in which I am the most experienced:
• Legislation and various regulatory documents I have translated numerous acts, standards and notifications, often with the European Commission as the end client
• Public procurement and EU funding Documents pertaining to some of the biggest procurement procedures in Lithuania, as well as to applications for Structural and Cohesion funding
• Private law and intellectual property Private contracts, family law and trademark dispute filings
• Court records from civil and criminal cases Mostly for cases where British prosecutors and courts request background information on Lithuanian defendants
• Surveys A long track record of translating Eurobarometer surveys
• Websites E.g. the section on Lithuania of EC's 'Your Europe – Business' website
• Certificates, diplomas, licences, etc. I am more than happy to provide translations of vital records, diplomas, driving licences, personal IDs or any other similar documents
Thank you for your interest, and I very much look forward to receiving your email or message!
Keywords: translation from Lithuanian, Lithuanian translator, Lithuanian to English translator, specialised, legal, law, legislation, technical regulations, public procurement, tenders, EU, cohesion funds, structural funds, contracts, family law, trademarks, patents, certificates, diplomas, court records, surveys, websites