Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Chinese: Divergence General field: Bus/Financial Detailed field: Investment / Securities
Source text - English The market typically moves during the latency period, and this introduces a performance difference. On some trades investors lose out, on some they win. Over a long enough sample of trades the latency effect averages out – but it introduces a bit of noise in the replication process.
Unlike the latency effect, the volume effect makes investors systematically worse off. They lose out gradually as growing trade sizes (driven by growing assets under management) wipe available market depth. For successful enough XXX strategies, there comes a point when a marginal EUR / USD / GBP invested yields no marginal profit. This point marks a strategy’s AuM ceiling.
Translation - Chinese 在这短短的延迟中，市场可能就已经波动了，并且也不再是当时的那个价格——因此，收益也会随之变化。在有些交易中，投资人会因为这种滞后亏本，而有些，却反而会因此盈利。在交易次数足够多的情况下，滞后效应会慢慢消失——但是这种效应还是为复制交易策略的过程带来了一些“不可预测性”。
English to Chinese: Quantifying the Impact of Marketing Analytics General field: Marketing Detailed field: Business/Commerce (general)
Source text - English Marketing analytics is becoming big business. With the promise of improved precision and performance, advanced analytics and Big Data have set off something of a buying frenzy.
Companies currently spend 6.7% of their marketing budgets on analytics and expect to spend 11.1% over the next three years, according to our most recent CMO survey.
This means that using three “units” of marketing analytics improves profits by over 1%. For marketing ROI, the figure is 0.61%. This use metric has a positive and significant effect on both outcomes even after controlling for marketing analytics spending, product vs. service, and B2C vs. B2B.
The survey also asked marketing leaders to report all of the areas in which they use marketing analytics to make better spend decisions. The table below shows the usage rates across various strategic and tactical areas of marketing, and highlights how there’s plenty of room for improvement. Customer acquisition is the highest use activity at 36.6%, and represents the only instance where more than one third of companies use analytics.
Translation - Chinese 市场营销分析现在成了一门大生意。高级分析和大数据（Big Data）的精准度和性能都有望提高，已经引发了某种意义上的购买狂潮。
English to Chinese: Social Media and E-Commerce General field: Marketing Detailed field: Business/Commerce (general)
Source text - English Today’s consumers like to shop, read reviews and compare prices online. 74% of online shoppers rely on social networks to inform their buying decisions, and given that a visitor arriving from a social media site is 10 times more likely to purchase than one from organic search, the case for taking advantage of every social media avenue becomes even more compelling for online retailers.
eCommerce sites can benefit from the time that consumers spend on social networks by allowing social logins and sharing. This can be done by offering an option to login with a social media account, or enabling this at the checkout.
Consumer habits are shifting – 40% now prefer social logins over creating a new/guest account. Enabling this on your site can help to reduce the shopping cart abandonment rate.
Opening up social interaction on your site will drive more traffic and make you more relevant to your customers. Allowing shoppers to use social logins and share your content not only furthers your online reach, but also creates the opportunity for customers to spend more time on your pages.
• 84% of online shoppers are active on social media;
• 79% spend half of their browsing time researching products;
• 69% of customers look for reviews when shopping online;
• Social sharing boosts CTR of email newsletter campaigns by up to 115%.
Translation - Chinese 现在的消费者喜欢在网上购物、看评论、比较价格。 74%的网购者都会参考社交媒体上的信息做出消费决策。而且相比由自然搜索转入的访问者，由社交网站转入的访问者下单可能性高出10倍，所以电商们更有理由将一切可用的社交网络渠道利用起来。
Native speaker of Chinese with a B.A. in English (China), an M.A. in Translation and Interpreting (UK), and an MBA (USA). Passed Chartered Financial Analyst Exam Level 1
Financial know-how with experience managing a graduate student investment fund portfolio. Participated in the 2014 Trade Challenge of CME Group.
Have SEO experience for B2B manufacturers. Google AdWords certified. Conducted keywords analysis with Baidu.
GMAT 730/800 (96% percentile); IELTS reading band score 9.
Excellent skills for online searching: sensitive to catch the accurate meanings of various terminologies. Always compare the translated pieces with their equivalents in the target language to ensure high readability.
With each piece of work I undertake, I guarantee high quality work delivered on or before deadline and prompt response to your e-mails and phone calls.
Able to work with Wordfast and SDL Trados 2015.
Education Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA January 2013-December 2014 MBAUniversity of Westminster September 2011-November 2012 MA Translation and Interpreting
Tianjin Foreign Studies University, China September 2007-June 2011
BA English Language and Literature
Freelance Jobs March 2015-Present
• Provide translation and proofreading services for various translation agencies such as Youdao Manual Translation (affiliated to the Chinese internet leviathan, NetEase)
• Document types include company profiles, business licenses, websites, advertising, newsletters, blogs, banking forms, academic paper, etc.
Graduate Student Investment Fund, SIUC September 2013-May 2014
• Graduate students managing $500,000 U.S. Equity portfolio for our client, the SIU Foundation
• Conducted analysis of stocks in the S&P 500 and coordinated with other 15 members toward purchase or sell decisions
• Improved critical thinking in evaluating stocks using Bloomberg and Excel-based valuation models
Beyond Words Publishing January-March 2012
• Translation project assigned to the Translation and Interpreting students of different languages at University of Westminster
• Responsible for translating one part of Books Beyond Words series into Chinese and coordinating with other students to ensure the quality of translation
Honors & Awards
• Dr. C. Y. Kao President Banking Company (Business) Scholarship May 2014
• Third Prize National English Contest for College Students (English Majors’ Group) 2010
• Google AdWords Certification March 2016
• Bloomberg Equity Essentials, Fixed Income Essentials, Commodity Essentials, Foreign Exchange Certifications February 2014
• English Translation Test of Business Language—Intermediate Level Certification, China
• Test for English Majors—Band 8 (top level), China 2010
1500-2500 words per working day (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, GMT-5 time zone)
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.
Keywords: mandarin, chinese, english, translator, freelance, master's degree, finance, MBA, marketing, e-marketing, business translation, financial translation, university of westminster, MA in translation