Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Thank you for your interest in visiting this page. My name is Nathalie, I am a French translator, specialised in Slavic languages. I graduated in Foreign Applied Languages and obtained a MA in Russian and English translations in 1995.
I was born in Nantes, Brittany, France, where I grew up. I left my home town when I turned 18 to keep on studying Russian at a university level. During my studies, I took every opportunity to travel abroad. I was part of a one year university exchange programme in the United States and worked there for 2 months. From Oklahoma University, I was selected to study Spanish at the University of Guadalajara in Mexico. Back to Europe in 1992, I obtained university grants to study Polish, Slovak and Russian respectively at the University of Wroclaw, Bratislava and Lomonossov in Moscow. At that time I was offered the post of translator/interpreter of the French Consul at the French Embassy in Moscow. This unique experience has been a great opportunity to gain expertise in Russian translating and interpreting, in particular during these difficult years of political instability. I lived 2 years in Moscow.
It is a fact, I have always been interested in languages and have seen it as an open window to other cultures and different ways of thinking. I am always surprised to see that we, people can think and express differently things that we all feel the same. I like this diversity.
I often feel myself being more Russian than French. Russian colleagues and friends can tell. It is part of myself and has a substantial impact on my daily life. I enjoy the challenge of bridging the gap between several cultures.
I have lived in the area of The Hague in the Netherlands for 15 years. I combine a freelance translator job with an administrative staff position at the European Space Agency. On one hand I daily interact with engineers and scientific specialised in the outer space and its applications. I organise lessons learned conferences to their attention. On the other hand, I am also well integrated into the translator and interpreter community of The Hague and Amsterdam. A huge and sincere thank goes to them for their welcome and generous support. Many international organisations and tribunals are located in The Hague. I enjoy the diversity of the expat community living in The Hague.
Furthermore, I am seconded from the CNRS (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique) and have many contacts with the French scientific community.
MA in Foreign Applied Languages , Clermont-Ferrand, France, 1995 specialisation in Russian and English translating. Slavic Language Dept.
Study grant from French/Russian Ministries of Foreign Affairs, University Lomonossov, Moscow, Russia
Lived and worked 2 years in Moscow, Russia
Studied 1 year in Oklahoma University, USA
-Translator/interpreter at the French Embassy in Moscow 1993-1994, Russian, French, Moscow, Russia
- staff member of the CNRS - Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique - National Centre for Scientific Research, Strasbourg/Grenoble, France
- staff member of the European Space Agency ESA/ESTEC, NL
- ESA/ESTEC/ Works Council member
- general correspondence, letters, CV.
- technical translations: Space Science, Physics, Space Telecommunications, satellites.
- legal translations
- diplomatic correspondence
- Dutch course
- Translating at the notary from Dutch to Russian, Amsterdam, NL.
- Interpreting skills, note-taking in English, The Hague, NL.
- Individual Intensive English course II, Linguarama, The Hague, NL.
- Course for Russian/English interpreters, Utrecht, NL.
- Individual Intensive English course I, Linguarama, The Hague, NL.
- Interpreting skills course, Utrecht, NL.
- Technical Translation Unit, English -> French, European Space Agency, Noordwijk, NL.
- French Translation Division, English -> French, European Space Agency, Paris, France.
- Linguistics Summer School for Russian translators, Leiden University, NL.
Keywords: Russian, English, French, Engineering, Space, Legal, Translation, CNRS, Grenoble, Ministere des Affaires Etrangeres, Moscou, Nantes, Lycee Guisth'au, Universite Blaise Pascal, Langues Etrangeres Appliquees, LEA, Maitrise LEA, THe Hague, La Haye, Noordwijk, Agence Spatiale Europeenne, European Space Agency, Holland, Netherlands, Hollande, Pays Bas, Nathalie Reuze Witasse, Grenoble, Laboratoire d'Astrophysique, Universite Joseph Fourier, CNRS Delegation Alsace, Strasbourg, Ambassade de France Moscou, Consulat de France Moscou