Prof. Alije Kllokoqi
English Language Graduate Professor
Court English Language Translator/Interpreter
1988-2008 University of Prishtina, Kosovo, Faculty of Philology, English Language and Literature Department
26.09.1994 – 31.08.1995 English Teacher, Elementary School "Zenel Hajdini", Prishtina, Kosovo
13.09.1995 – 31.08.1996 English Professor, High Technical School "Hasan Tahsini", Obiliq, Kosovo
20.09.1996 – 31.08.1997 English Teacher, Elementary School "Pjetër Bogdani", Prishtina, Kosovo
14.09.1998 – 21.03.1999 English Professor, High School "Sami Frashëri", Besi Village, Prishtina, Kosovo
18.06.1999 – 03.05.2001 Consultant Linguist/Translator, TRW Company/American KFOR, Camp Bondsteel, Sojevo Village, Ferizaj, Kosovo
01.10.2009 – 30.10.2009 English Professor , High Secondary Machinery School “Shtjefën Gjeçovi”, Prishtina, Kosovo
21.01.2010 – 30.04.2010 English Teacher, Elementary School “Nëna Terezë”, Vranidoll, Prishtina, Kosovo
21.02.2010 – 31.12.2010 English Teacher, Elementary School “Rilindja”, Keqekollë, Prishtina, Kosovo
06.12.2011 – 31.08.2012 English Professor , High Catering and Tourism School “7 Shtatori”, Prishtina, Kosovo
14.12.2011 – currently Court Translator/Interpreter, - Collaborator, District Court of Prishtina, Kosovo
01.09.2012 – 31.08.2013 English Professor, High Secondary School “Naim Frashëri”, Shtime, Kosovo
CERTIFICATIONS/LETTERS FROM EMPLOYERS/LICENCE
• Recommendation Letters, Letters/Certifications of Appreciations/Achievements from the Translators’ Office Manager to the Lieutenant-colonel
• Verifications from schools
• English Language Translator/Interpreter District Court Decision
• Teacher’s Regular Career Licence
• ‘SHPRESA’ Magazine, FEBRUARY/ 2006 / YEAR XIV. No. 2 (78) (two English/Albanian translations: a text and a poetry)
• Film ‘Does it hurt?’ – English/Albanian translation of subtitles, summary and the film director declaration
Albanian/English translations in Psychology, Neonatology, Biology for a student, a group of Doctors, a Master, and English/Albanian translations in Urology and Biology for a Doctor and a Master, Croatian/Albanian translation in literature, novel ‘Agroni’
ECDL Start (European Computer Driving Licence), MINISTRY of EDUCATION, SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY – AMERICAN UNIVERSITY of KOSOVO
Online Certificate for Shaping the Way We Teach English in Webinar Series 7, Online Course, Regional Office of English Language, US Embassy in Kosovo and Hungary, etc.
• Albanian (native)
SPECIALISED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Experienced, accurate, qualified
• Reading & understanding of the source language, writing in the target language, proof reading, editing, grammar and spell check
• Usage of both general and specialist dictionaries (monolingual, bilingual, idioms, glossaries, etc.)
• ECDL Start Certification (European Computer Driving License) with above 83% of scored points in all 7 finished modules, MEST-AUK, etc.
• Familiarized with application software (word processing, excel worksheets, PowerPoint)
• Electronic file management
• Expert on a daily basis in search engines/online research
• Familiarized with PCs, Laptops, etc.
Songwriter (most of lyrics have rhymes and different themes; I write especially in Albanian, and in English as well; the translator needs to be a writer of poetry him/herself in order to be successful in its translation)
• Send/receive/read/write e-messages (emails)
• Attach/open file/image attachments etc.
Waiting for a positive reply and available upon request.
Available in phone: 10 a.m to 10 p.m. Time Zone: (GMT+01:00) Sarajevo, Skopje, Warsaw, Zagreb
Mob.: +377 (0)44 725 965 • E-mail: email@example.com • Str. Xhavit Ahmeti 56 • 10000 • Prishtina • Republic of Kosovo