I am a freelance translator and proofreader based in Edinburgh, UK. I am also a qualified ESOL teacher and spent 3 years living and working in Northern Spain.
‣ Master of Research in Translation (Distinction)
‣ Award-winning extended translation
‣ British Council Masters Dissertation Award Nomination
‣ BA International Tourism Management with Spanish
‣ Trinity CertTESOL (Distinction)
‣ 3 years living and working in Spain
Areas of Specialisation
‣ Academic Writing (Linguistics, Literary Theory, Translation Theory, Cultural Studies)
‣ Travel and Tourism
‣ Online marketing material for social innovation workshops. (Translation)
‣"The Garden of Earthly Delights: Essays on the Work of Marosa di Giorgio". (Revising, editing and proofreading a selection of chapters). Due for publication June 2015.
Qualifications and Accolades
I have a BA in International Tourism Management and Spanish from the University of Stirling and spent a semester studying Tourism and Cultural Heritage, Spanish History and International Business at the University of Cantabria, Spain.
I achieved a Distinction grade for my MRes in Translation from the University of Stirling, having received the highest marks for both the coursework and dissertation components. My dissertation comprised an extended translation and analysis of Alejo Carpentier's 1939 chronicle 'La Habana vista por un turista cubano'.
I was awarded the Univeristy Research-Based Learning Prize for the Division of Literature and Languages and I am currently nominated for a British Council ELT Masters Dissertation Award.