Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
A brief overview over my translation work and experience:
* I've been translating and proofreading from the year 2008 and from that time I've translated over 3.500.000 words in total.
* I've participated with various agencies in tenders for EU translations as the main translator (and we won the bids). I've translated home pages, handbooks, legislation, advertisements, specialized texts for various European Agencies, including:
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
European Chemicals Agency (ACHA)
European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA)
European Medicines Agency (EMA)
* I've translated extensively in the field of mechanics, automobiles, electrical devices and electronics for various large international companies such as Linde (over 50.000 words), Liebherr (over 200.000 words), Furukawa (over 30.000 words), Alcoa (over 200.000 words) and Tetra Pak (over 300.000 words) just to name a few.
I’ve translated various other texts in the fields of law, finances, medicine, social sciences, marketing, human resources, gastronomy and computer sciences just to name a few.
* 60% of the texts I translate are from English into Icelandic and 40% are from German into Icelandic
* I use SDL Trados 2015 for my work.
Keywords: Icelandic, law, electronics, trucks, automobiles, handbooks, medicine, social sciences, linguistics, computer, technology, sports, finances, EU