Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Portuguese to English (University of Westminster) English to Portuguese (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul) English to Portuguese (Chartered Institute of Linguists) English to Portuguese (University College London)
DejaVu, memoQ, MemSource Cloud, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Wordfast
Get help on technical issues / improve my technical skills
Help or teach others with what I have learned over the years
Brazilian Portuguese native speaker with over eight years of full-time experience translating the pair English-Portuguese (both ways). Born in Brazil, moved to England in 2006, lived there until 2014. Living in Australia since. Main areas of expertise: Legal, financial, medical, scientific, technology (IT, machinery, engineering), marketing, business.
• 2013-2014: MSc in Translation Technology (Medical, Scientific and Technical Translations). University College London, London, UK (2:1);
• January 2013: Diploma in Translation Exam (Master's Level) - Units passed: General, Literature, Social Sciences. Chartered Institute of Linguists, London, UK;
• 2008-2011: Bachelor of Arts - Major: English Literature. University of Westminster, London, UK (2:1);
• 2006-2007: English Course - Diploma in Advanced English, London, UK;
• 2004-2006: Bachelor of Journalism. Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil;
• 1998-2004: English Course - Diploma in Advanced English. Yazigi Internexus, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
Translation/editing and proofreading in the following combinations:
Source Language - English
Target Language - Brazilian Portuguese
Source Language - Portuguese (European/ Brazilian)
Target Language - English (American/ British)
Extensive experience in the following fields:
• gaming (casinos, online gambling, video games);