Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Technical/Biomedical Translator: English into Brazilian Portuguese
I worked as an in-house translator and reviewer at translation companies for 7 years (from 1993 to 2000) in several localization projects, including documentation and books, for major companies and customers — like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP etc. I have been deeply involved in several types and phases of localization projects (translation, review, Quality Assurance, final testing etc). Since 2001 I have been working full-time as an independent professional translator.
I would like to emphasize my skills at participating in large projects, which involve team working, training of new translators joining the teams, new tools and programs learning and usage, terminology surveys, reviewing project guidelines, as well as international software localization testing.
My over 27 years professional experience as translator includes the following areas:
* IT: Software localization; documentation, manuals and guides; Help and HTML files; hardware; networks; websites and Internet-related materials.
* Medical: Medical devices/equipment; medical imaging technology and studies; clinical trials; magazines for health care professionals; medical software; biomedical documentation; pharmaceutical documentation.
* Biology: Biotechnology, biochemistry and biomedical documentation; ecology and environment issues; genetics; botany; natural history; zoology; waste management.
* Food engineering: Food processes and technology; nutrition; diet; drinks and beverages; cookery; dairy products.
* Human resources: Training manuals; careers/talents websites; call centers; quality management.
* Education: e-Learning websites; language/linguistics; cultural studies; personal development.