Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
patents ⋆ legal documents ⋆ medical ⋆ construction ⋆ heavy equipment
- I specialize in patents, legal documents, medical, construction, and heavy equipment
- I am a native US English speaker and I offer translations into both US and UK English
- I use SDL Trados Studio 2014
- I am reliable and I submit my translations well before the deadline whenever possible
• Entire patents (description, drawings, and claims)
• Claims only
• Patent applications, oppositions, and correspondence related to patents and patent applications
• Contracts and agreements
• Vital records (birth, death, stillbirth, marriage, and divorce records)
• Medical records
• Medical devices, especially ophthalmic devices
• Optical instruments and ophthalmic equipment
• Conditions and surgeries in the ophthalmology and optometry fields
• Optics and corrective lenses including eyeglasses and contact lenses
Construction and heavy equipment
• Heavy machinery, construction equipment, engineering equipment, and heavy trucks
• Earthwork excavation
• Asphalt, concrete, sand, gravel, and dirt work
I have a unique professional background which has allowed me to specialize in several interesting fields. My family owns a construction and heavy equipment company, so I grew up becoming very familiar with different types of heavy equipment such as excavators, dump trucks, cranes, and bulldozers. When I got older, I worked for the company for several years which is how I learned all there is to know about things like asphalt, concrete, gravel, and all kinds of dirt.
I also worked for a few years in the medical field (optometry/ophthalmology) which gave me the opportunity to gain knowledge about medical records, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices.
Furthermore, I worked for a local government office for a few years which is where I composed and edited legal documents such as contracts, leases, and affidavits. I worked closely with several attorneys on these documents which made this a very valuable experience.
I love being able to work as a translator because I always get to learn about something different. Being able to perform in-depth research and learn as much as I can about each subject I translate is extremely satisfying for me.
Professional Certificate in German to English Translation from New York University
Double-major Bachelor of Arts in German and Drama from Franciscan University of Steubenville