Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
The Sleepless Browser allows you to browse the web without the engagement of your iPhone's automatic lock.
While using a site that updates in real time (for viewing stock updates, locations, SNS messages, etc.) have you ever been annoyed that your screen has automatically locked after you've taken your eyes away from it for only a moment?
Your iPhone's lock will never engage while the Sleepless Browser application is running, allowing you to browse freely without any interruption in your display.
You can, of course, turn off or extend the time of your automatic lock by changing your iPhone's settings...but you can also forget to reset your settings and find yourself with a dead battery while you have one or another application open and your lock fails to engage.
Your iPhone's automatic lock will never engage while the Sleepless Browser application is displayed on screen, but the automatic lock will resume its function in accordance with your settings as soon as another application is activated, helping you to avoid unexpected depletion your battery.
Sleepless Browser is recommended for...
- Users of websites that update in real time.
- Developers of websites that update in real time (for formal verification).
- Users of websites that continuously transmit electronic news and messages.
- Developers of websites that continuously transmit electronic news and messages (for formal verification).
- When the Sleepless Browser is activated, your iPhone will not lock as long as the application is displayed on screen. (Clicking the lock button, however, will engage the lock.)
- Sleepless Browser allows you to choose your homepage so that you'll have immediate access to the website you frequent the most as soon as the application is activated.
- Your iPhone's automatic lock will not engage while you are using Sleepless Browser, resulting in a more rapid depletion of your battery. It is recommended that you use the Sleepless Browser application with your iPhone connected to a power source.
Japanese to English: 暖房度日/冷房度日 General field: Science Detailed field: Energy / Power Generation
Source text - Japanese 暖房度日は１年間において、平均気温が14度を下回る日の平均気温と14度との「差」を累計した値です。冷房度日は1年間において平均気温が24度を上回る日の平均気温と22度との「差」を累計した値です。
Translation - English The number of heating degree day in one year is the cumulative difference between 14 degrees and the average temperature on each of the days in one year on which the average temperature drops below 14 degrees. The number of cooling degree day in one year is the cumulative difference between 22 degrees and the average temperature on each of the days in one year on which the average temperature goes above 24 degrees.
Bachelor's degree - The Ohio State University
Years of translation experience: 9. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2010.
Smart, detail oriented and culturally savvy translator with over a decade of experience in intercultural and translingual communication. I hold a B.A. in Japanese from the Ohio State University, which I was granted with honors and distinction for the completion of my thesis, a translation of a novella by the author Haniya Yutaka. (I also graduated with a second B.A., with honors, in International Relations.) I spent my final year of high school studying at a senior high school in Saitama and completed one year of course work at Waseda University while in college, experiences which have secured me a firm understanding of Japanese culture and of a variety of modes of communication in spoken and written Japanese. In addition to my freelance and literary translation work, I have worked as a copywriter and copyeditor for a green startup in Portland, Oregon, where I edited and contributed to ad copy, company newsletters, customer correspondence and press releases, honing a command of both formal and informal business communication. But I'm just as confident in my ability to talk/write/translate about coffee, bicycles, microbrews, BOOKS, film, design... And I’m excited to make use of all of my skills and knowledge as part of the Proz.com community.