205 - Legal Terminology: Wills and Estates Law Terminology
Are you interested in working in the legal translation specialty area? Does your language pair(s) include English? If so, learn the meaning of English language legal terminology in order to better understand legal documents. Duration: 60 minutes.
Save money! Purchase five videos from the bundle for only 70 USD (regular price 75USD). Click here to buy with the discount.
Videos from the bundle:
On-demand training 201 - Legal Terminology for New Legal Translators: Patent Terminology
On-demand training 202 - Legal Terminology for New Legal Translators: Commercial Law Terminology
On-demand training 203 - Legal Terminology for New Legal Translators: Family Law Terminology
On-demand training 204 - Legal Terminology for New Legal Translators: Real Estate Law Terminology
On-demand training 205 - Legal Terminology for New Legal Translators: Wills and Estates Law Terminology
Freelancers who are starting out in the specialized area of legal translation. This course is for freelancers who translate in any language pair which includes English. Attendees should have completed the "105 - Legal Terminology for New Legal Translators: Wills & Estates Law Terminology" webinar, available on-demand at http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/4418-105_legal_terminology_for_new_legal_translators%3A_wills_and_estates_law_terminology.
This 5-part course is taught by a Canadian lawyer-linguist as the first step in understanding English legal terminology. It is designed for freelancers who are beginning to work in the legal translation. At the end of this course attendees will have increased knowledge with regard to English legal structures and specific terminology found in various legal documents.
Attendance at the "205 - Legal Terminology for New Legal Translators: Wills & Estates Law Terminology" webinar.
Click to expand
- wills & estates law terminology
- wills & estates law court documents
Virtual platform system requirements
Click to expand
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information
Click to expand
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Suzanne Deliscar View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.