Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Duration: 90 minutes. Check what time the course is running in your local time here
Learn how to apply ProZ.com winning strategies to get the most out of the site.
Getting the most out of ProZ.com is easy, and the main approaches to meeting new clients are outlined in the ProZ.com winning strategies:
A strong, professional profile
Collaboration and participation in term help
Taking part in the Certified PRO Network
This webinar will show you how to apply the winning strategies, and includes a workshop portion, in which participants can receive customized help from a member of ProZ.com staff.
Freelancers starting in the translation industry.
Experienced freelancers who want to expand their client database.
In this webinar you will learn how to:
get the most out of ProZ.com.
A ProZ.com profile, as attendees will be afforded the opportunity to receive live site guidance. (Yours is at http://www.proz.com/profile)
Click to expand
ProZ.com winning strategies: main approaches to meeting new clients.
Becoming a site member.
Building a strong, professional profile.
Term help collaboration and participation.
Forming part of the Certified PRO Network.
Workshop on profile customization.
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Bio: Alejandro Cavalitto is a member of the ProZ.com team devoted to support activities, such as providing members with assistance with their profiles and helping them to get the most from the site. He oversees the ProZ.com scam alert center as well as the site's volunteer moderator program.
I enjoyed the course with its overall practical information. I was a bit surprised about the low number of volunteers who submitted their profile, but I was certainly happy to have mined analyzed during the course. All that is left now, are the first jobs to come from the site!
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
"Thanks again for a most insightful training, Alejandro. This was my 1st webinar and I particularly e..." Read morenjoyed the following:
1. effort put into putting messages into an entertaining, lively and humorous story
2. the level of detail provided and illustrations used, referring to the proz.com site on numerous occasions and guiding us through where to find certain pieces of info
3. using real people for case studies and the fact I was chosen as one of them which made the feedback particularly pertinent. I learnt SO much and will be a lot more aware of what to do and avoid doing on my profile
Thanks again from a very content translator!
"User profiles were also a part of the materials of the course. I wish there were more volunteers to ..." Read moreshow their profiles. I learned a lot while he was analyzing some participants' and also mine."