Create a short and practical marketing plan for your freelance translation business
Writing a short marketing plan can give you a guideline for your marketing efforts. It can be prepared quickly and gives you a to-do list in addition to a general snapshot of your marketing situation. All examples are customized for the translation industry and after this session you will have your own marketing plan for the next 6-12 months.
Critical elements of the one-page marketing plan:
• Vision, Mission and Goals: Before planning, you should know what your company does (mission), where you want it to be in the next three to five years (vision), and how you are going to get there (goals).
• SMART Goals: You will break down your goals into manageable steps.
• Target customers. Who do you want to serve or market to? What are their needs, behaviors, desires, interests, preferences? What are the best ways to market to them? What trends affect them? What new needs do they have? How can you help them?
• Tactics. What worked last year? What did not work? What tactics will you implement next year and next month? Do these tactics fit your budget? What are the alternatives?
• Timeline. When will you execute each marketing tactic and who will do the work?
• Results Tracking. What results do you expect from each tactic? How will you track them? How does each tactic tie back to your business goals?
Freelancers starting in the translation industry.
Experienced freelancers who want to expand their clients database.
This course is based on a practical marketing plan templatethat we will go through step, by step, giving you examples for your freelance translation business and a chance to fill it in on your own. At the end of the hour you will have a first draft for a marketing plan for your situation, based on which you will be able to get new clients, more clients, and/or better clients and you will know what to do every day to take your business forward.
A desire to create a to do list for your marketing efforts for next year and grow your freelance translation business.
Click to expand
• Presentation and description of a marketing plan template for freelance translators.
• Current situation
• Target Market – This is who you’re hoping to reach with your marketing message
• Goal(s) – Choose specific and measurable goals that you hope to attain with your marketing efforts, and note them on your one page marketing plan.
• Strategies - Strategies very generally state how you plan to reach your goals. For example, if your goal is to get 5 new clients, an example strategy would be to use LinkedIn to network with your target market, or to find and go to 2 local networking events. Anything more specific would be considered a “tactic.”
• Yearly Marketing Budget - You need to estimate your yearly marketing budget, which will serve as a guideline when choosing your marketing tactics.
• Monthly Tactics – Here’s where you’ll choose very specific marketing tactics that fit within your strategies and your marketing budget. This one page marketing plan template lets you break them down monthly in order to ensure that your marketing efforts are continual, instead of using up the marketing budget on one or two tactics early on.
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration & payment information
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Tess Whitty View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.