The art, science and commerce of pricing your translation-related products and services
Topics covered in the video
Price generally has an association of a number, an arithmetical entity. But in an open, fragmented, un-regulated and very competitive market like translation, pricing is the key for business success - both short and long term.
Pricing is equally important for both freelance translators and agencies and needs to be considered while buying and selling translation products. The art and science of pricing should be considered when engaged in selling [ freelancer ] and buying [ agency ] and then selling upstream [ upstream agency to end customer ].
The video delves into many areas of business that are compressed and encrypted into a shorthand dialog "price". Topics include: competition, value-addition, investment, quality and perception of quality, self-image and perception of it.
De-encrypting pricing - What you pricing says about you and the market you serve
* 1. What is your self-valuation ?
* 2. How aware are you of market forces ?
* 3. How sensitive are you regarding competition ?
* 4. Your investment, commitment and research level
* 5. How to read value add from a pricing data [ for Agencies ]
* 6. How to read dependability and commitment from pricing data [For agencies]
Pricing Tips and Guidelines
* The basic arithmetic of pricing - starting point
* Information asymmetry - use this market feature in your advantage
* Artful spellout of pricing - communicating the price
* Price as a marketing tool
* Value-based pricing
* How agencies look at pricing data ?
* How to quote a price for a typical project ?
Price is NOT a piece of price-tag alone. It is an encrypted shorthand of many core aspects about you and your business communicated by you to the marketplace.
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Price and access information
Click to expand
Price: 15 USD
After you purchase access to this video please visit this link:
The Art Science and Commerce of Pricing your translation related products and services
Pritam Bhattacharyya View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.