Spanish translators and editors for children programming courses
Job posted at: Sep 24, 2020 22:45 GMT (GMT: Sep 24, 2020 22:45) Job type:
: Translation, Checking/editing, Summarization, Transcreation, LQA (other)
Confidentiality level Languages:
English to Spanish Language variant:
Regionally neutral. Spain - main market. LATAM - secondary market
The Algorithmics International Programming School seeks for multifaceted language experts to translate and edit our materials into Spanish for Spain (main market) and LATAM (secondary market).
Before applying please make sure to read our website and familiarize with our business [HIDDEN]
Please also take a look at one of our courses description [HIDDEN]
1) Spanish - mother tongue
2) English - full proficiency
3) Basic knowledge of any programming language, preferably Python & Scratch (there will be a lot of localizable content closely interwound with the course source code and parts of the code are localized too, the code is rather simplistic in most cases as the lessons are for children)
4) Proven experience translating educational materials for children into Spanish
5) Full proficiency with MS Office, Google Docs, and modern CAT tools
6) Demonstrated track of record in English into Spanish translation
7) A keen eye for detail
8) Availability for very small assignments via an instant messenger
9) Weekly capacity of at least 7000 words for translation and/or 15000 words for editing
10) Willingness to cooperate on a very long-term basis, our average project lasts for months
11) Ability to write in a regionally neutral manner. Spain is our main market. LATAM is the secondary market.
To take part in the selection please elaborate on each of the above 11 aspects to demonstrate the relevant expertise.
Please try to be concise and up to the point (claim only the relevant experience).
We'll evaluate your replies and sent the longlisted candidates a short proficiency test.
The texts per se are not overly complicated as they are targeted towards kids. However some courses might get rather hardcore, with Visual Studio etc.
Our volumes form a steady flow of weekly tasks 4000-13000 words a week for 20-30 weeks.
Usually the content is a mix of presentations, workbooks, teacher guidelines, and lessons for the students.
File formats are mainly Google Docs, PDF and an online CAT system.
Each applicant will have to complete an unpaid test task (490 words translation; 10 lines of Python code). The test takes less than 1 hour to complete.
The applicants will be shortlisted and selected by an in-house native Spanish specialist.
This job is only for individual freelancers, if you're a team or an agency please do not apply as you won't be able to perform the job due to technical and security reasons.
We'll provide onboarding to the successful applicants.
To take part in the selection process please submit your resume/CV clearly demonstrating your ability and experience in translating and/or editing programming courses content for children from English into Spanish. Please also elaborate on your coding expertise as the nature of our localizable content requires at least the ability to read Python code.
Thanks for your efforts reading this offer carefully.
Only shortlisted applicants will receive any feedback. Thanks for your understanding.
Have a good one!
Algorithmics provides education for the future
Experts in modern education
Over 150 000 students that love our courses
An online education platform to teach coding
Trusted by hundreds of parents and education experts worldwide
Offline programming courses for children from 5 to 17 years old
Governments choose our curriculum to implement at public schools Poster country
: Russian Federation Volume
: 150,000 words Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 24 hours
Tech/Engineering, Science Preferred specific fields:
Computers: Software, Education / Pedagogy, IT (Information Technology), Computers (general) Required native language:
Spanish Subject field:
IT (Information Technology) Quoting deadline: Sep 30, 2020 20:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Contact person title: Localization Program Manager