Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Source text - Spanish Newspaper article published on June 29, 2006
Translation - English TOBACCO COMPANIES ARE TRYING TO EXPORT MORE DUE TO THE FALL IN INTERNAL SALES CAUSED BY THE CAMPAIGN TO DISCOURAGE CONSUMPTION
Tobacco companies, affected by the campaigns launched by President Vázquez’s government last year to discourage tobacco consumption, are suffering strong losses in profitability and are trying to compensate the decline in sales with more exports, -sources from such industry told Búsqueda.
Raises on taxes imposed on cigarettes, restrictions on advertising of these products and the banning of smoking in closed areas of public use, among other measures adopted by the Executive Branch, have caused strong changes in the market for these products and factories are trying to adapt to the new situation.
Executives from this sector explained that tobacco companies’ profitability “has suffered a steep fall” due to a decrease in internal sales of about “10%”, the “heavy taxing burden” and the “strong competition” that “smuggled cigarettes” entail.
When faced with this scenario, companies in this sector have reduced their production without dismissing any personnel and aim at increasing their exports: “If we cannot sell more within the country, we shall sell outside it”, our sources concluded.
*Restrictions. As from May, 2005, the government began to adopt measures for discouraging cigarette consumption.
On one hand, it passed a decree stating that cigarette packets must include statements and pictograms taking up half the surface thereof, with warnings of the health damages caused by cigarette consumption. Likewise, cigarette advertisements during prime time television were forbidden, as well as sponsorship of sports events. Some of these provisions entered into force at once and others were gradually applied.
On the other hand, the Executive Branch established a strong increase in the rates of the Internal Specific Tax which taxes cigarette, leaf cigar and tobacco sales (to 70%, 41% and 28%, respectively), which was transferred to the sales price to the public.
As from March, smoking in restaurants, bars and other closed areas of public use was also banned.
Within this scenario, domestic tobacco production fell more than 18% in average during the whole of 2005, as compared to the previous year. This decline continued at the beginning of 2006, and during the first four month period, the decline was 13% as compared to the same period of 2005, according to data from the National Statistics Institute.
“The whole of the tobacco industry has lost profitability due to the heavier tax burden, which represents two thirds of the sales price”, stated several managers of this sector.
They stated that this is partly due to an increase in cigarette smuggling, which they estimate represents about 20 and 30% of consumption in the country.
In spite of the decrease in production, tobacco companies have kept the same personnel, although one of them did not hire 15 workers it had planned to, according to the President of the Autonomous Tobacco Workers Trade Union, Jorge Chichet.
Sources from the companies stated that due to the decline in internal consumption, tobacco companies are trying to “export more” and are exploring the possibility of selling flavored cigarettes.
Sales in this area had amounted to USD 24.4 million during the whole of last year and have amounted to slightly above USD 11 million so far during 2006, stated the Uruguay XXI Institute. The main export destinations were Paraguay, the United States, Japan, Panama and Puerto Rico.
*The sector. The tobacco industry appeared in Uruguay during the nineteenth century with the “cigarreras” (cigar factories) which were family companies dedicated to chopping tobacco by hand and making cigarettes. Towards the end of such century, owners of these establishments started hiring paid staff to work in the workshops or in their own homes. Later on, in response to protectionist measures, there appeared the first factories which gradually took over the small workshops, giving rise to a concentration of this industry in large companies, according to the May issue of the magazine “Espacio Industrial” published by this sector’s Chamber.
English to Spanish: CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT Detailed field: Law: Contract(s)
Source text - English Confidentiality Agreement
Throughout the course of my employment with XXXX, I will have access to confidential information that without exception, cannot be disclosed, reproduced, copied, or used for any other purposes other than those related to my job.
This being the case, throughout and following my employment at XXXX, I agree to respect the following conditions:
1. I acknowledge that, in the context of my functions, I may be privy to confidential information relating to the operations and business of Bluberi and that passing this information on to third parties could cause significant damage to the former. For the purposes of the present document, “confidential information” refers to any information that could have a pecuniary value or that is produced by the XXXX organization, her suppliers, subcontractors or cliental, in any form whatsoever. Including, most noticeably, the following:
● Information pertaining to any XXXX products, including her production secrets, know-how, product composition, supply sources, computer graphics, means of protection and of market-entry techniques (marketing, advertising) of products and services offered by XXXX and her sister companies;
● Information pertaining to XXXXs internal affairs, including her financial situation, logos, internal reports, market studies, strategic and operational planning, budgets, balance sheets, forecasts, internal security relative to protecting her intellectual property or any other accounting or financial document;
● Information pertaining to XXXX’s research and activities, including all computer programming completed or in any state of progress, including the source code and executable code of all computer programs developed by XXXX; all research, development and technical know-how information pertaining to electronics or programming; and all information, regardless of its form, relating to computer programming, computer graphics and electronics;
● Information pertaining to XXXX’s clients, suppliers and subsidiary companies, including contractual agreements with her clients, the selling prices and conditions of her products, the particulars of her clients and all other information transmitted by one of her clients or suppliers, whether Bluberi processed such information confidentially or not;
● Employee Information, including salary, name-list information, personnel files and working condition of XXXX employees and her subsidiaries;
● Information disclosed prior to the signing of the present agreement and specified as confidential in the clauses hereinafter;
● All new information, improvements, discoveries, or know-how obtained, or obtainable through recourse to reverse engineering, decompilation, disassembly of XXXX products or those of her clients, subcontractors and suppliers, or stemming from confidential information contained in this agreement;
Translation - Spanish Acuerdo de confidencialidad
Durante todo el tiempo en que me encuentre empleado en XXXXX, tendré acceso a información confidencial, la cual, sin excepciones, no podrá ser reproducida, copiada o utilizada con ningún otro fin que no sea relacionado con mi trabajo.
Siendo este el caso, durante el tiempo en el cual trabaje en XXXXXy luego de ello, acuerdo respetar las siguientes condiciones:
1. Reconozco que en el contexto de mis funciones puedo enterarme de información confidencial relacionada con las operaciones y negocios de Bluberi y que el hecho de pasar dicha información a terceros podría constituir un daño significativo para dicha empresa. A efectos del presente documento, “información confidencial” se refiere a cualquier información que pudiera tener valor pecuniario o que es producida por la organización Bluberi, sus proveedores, subcontratistas o clientes, en cualquier forma, incluyendo principalmente la siguiente:
● Información relativa a cualesquiera productos XXXXX, incluyendo sus secretos de producción, know-how, composición de los productos, fuentes de abastecimiento, gráficos de computadora, medios de protección y técnicas de ingreso a los mercados (marketing, publicidad) de los productos y servicios ofrecidos por XXXXX y sus empresas afiliadas;
● Información relativa a los asuntos internos de XXXXX, incluyendo su situación financiera, logos, informes internos, estudios de mercado, planificación estratégica y operacional, presupuestos, balances, pronósticos, seguridad interna relacionada con la protección de su propiedad intelectual o cualquier otro documento contable o financiero;
● Información relativa a la investigación y actividades de XXXXX, incluyendo todos los programas de computadora completados o en cualquier etapa de desarrollo, incluyendo el código fuente y el código ejecutable de todos los programas de computadora desarrollados por Bluberi; toda investigación, desarrollo y know-how técnico relacionado con electrónica o programación; y toda información, cualquiera sea su forma, relacionada con programación de computadora, gráficos de computadora y electrónica;
● Información relacionada con clientes, proveedores y empresas subsidiarias de Bluberi, incluyendo acuerdos contractuales con sus clientes, precios de venta y condiciones de sus productos, datos sobre sus clientes y toda otra información transmitida por alguno de sus clientes o proveedores, sea que dicha información ha sido procesada en forma confidencial por parte de XXXXX o no;
● Información sobre sus empleados, incluyendo salarios, información incluida en la nómina, fichas del personal y condiciones de trabajo de los empleados de XXXXX y sus subsidiarias;
● Información divulgada con anterioridad a la firma del presente contrato y especificada como confidencial en las cláusulas siguientes;
● Toda nueva información, mejoras, descubrimientos o know-how obtenido u obtenible recurriendo a ingeniería en reversa, decompilación, desensamblaje de productos XXXXX o productos de sus clientes, subcontratistas y proveedores, o que se origine a partir de información confidencial incluida en el presente acuerdo;
Portuguese to Spanish: Poder Detailed field: Law (general)
Source text - Portuguese XXXX LTDA., com sede social na Cidade de XXXX, Estado de São Paulo, Brasil, à Rua XXXXX, Parque Rincão, inscrita no CNPJ sob n°XXXXX
(...) em especial representar a outorgante perante a empresa XXXX LTDA, com sede à Rua Rosário, 1000 em São José do Rio Preto, inscrita no CNPJ sob n° XXXXX, podendo firmar instrumentos de confissão de dívida, transigir, receber e dar quitação, bem como providenciar a remessa de valores cabíveis em pagamento de fornecimentos, podendo assinar contratos de câmbio e todos os documentos necessários, podendo, ainda, contratar advogados e substabelecer poderes da cláusula "ad judícia", e mais os de receber e dar quitação.
Translation - Spanish XXXXX LTDA., con sede social en la ciudad de XXXXX, Estado de San Pablo, Brasil, domiciliada en la Calle XXXXX, Parque Rincão, Número de inscripción en el CNPJ XXXXX
(...) en especial, representar al mandante frente a la empresa XXXXX LTDA, con sede en la Calle XXXXXX, Número de inscripción en el CNPJXXXXXX, encontrándose autorizado para firmar documentos de obligación, transar, recibir y otorgar recibos, así como realizar la entrega valores comprendidos como forma de pago de suministros, con capacidad para firmar contratos de cambio y todos los documentos necesarios, pudiendo asimismo contratar abogados y subdelegar los poderes de la cláusula "ad judicia", así como los de recibir y otorgar recibos.
I specialize in legal translations of all types (contracts, agreements,company by-laws, documents connected to IP, such as patent or trademark applications, assignments, etc.,family law documents, such as birth, death and marriage certificates).
In my capacity as certified translator in my country I have translated documents for many law suits and trials, which were to be used as evidence therefor, achieving successful results and keeping all matters in strict confidentiality.
During my work as an Intellectual Property translator I acquired expertise in translating chemical, medical and technical documents regarding patentable matter.
I also translate medical papers and texts for pharmaceutical laboratories, as well as other similar documents.
I take pride in delivering my assignments fast and accurately.
I offer good prices (usually USD 0.06 per word, although discounts or special prices are offered in case of long assignments or a client who has already worked with me) in exchange for a speedy, accurate and efficient translation job.
Keywords: PATENTS, TRADEMARKS, LEGAL DOCUMENTS, BIRTHCERTIFICATES, DEATHCERTIFICATES, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES, COMPANY BY-LAWS, MEDICINE
CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS, ASSIGNMENTS, MERGERS, ECONOMICS, ARTICLES, ACCURATE, SPPED, LATINAMERICAN, ART, LAW SUITS, TRIALS, EVIDENCE, POWEROFATTORNEY, PRIORITYDOCUMENT, WEBPAGE, INTERNATIONALORGANIZATIONPROJECT, DANCE, BALLET, YOGA, WINES