Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
- Professionally-trained linguist - extensive experience in translations & teaching foreign languages;
- Computers & IT PhD Student - Applied Medical Informatics Dept. - ”Politehnica” University of Timisoara (September 2017);
- MSc in Speech Therapy (June 2017 - Master's Thesis 'Prototype application for screening of dyslalia in the early school age (6-10 year olds)' - Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences - University of Bucharest;
- BA in English Philology from the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures (June 2000 - English-Turkish dept.), University of Bucharest.
- My working languages are: English, French, Italian, Romanian and Turkish. I have good comprehension of Spanish and, for the time being, basic knowledge of Japanese. I have an interest in the interaction between natural and artificial languages and solid knowledge of CAT Tools (Trados) and several electronic dictionaries and glossaries.
In November 2012, having successfully completed the EPSO/CAST/S/1/2011 Translators Competiton, I was short-listed as a potential Translator for the EU institutions (L1 Romanian, L2 English, L3 Italian). My scores in the final Competency Tests were: 40/50 points for English and 48/50 points for Italian.
In November 2013 I successfully completed the first stage of the EPSO/AD/263/13 - AD5 Italian-language (IT) Translators Competition.
Italy (12 years) - English teacher, providing mainly Business English courses to important companies in the North-East area (Veneto). I regularly translate and have also performed interpreting sessions both for companies and the Law Court of Vicenza (English, Romanian, Italian).
UK (London, 2 years) - freelance translator/interpreter & (occasionally) project management in linguistic services.
My fields of expertise: - IT/Computer Science; - Medical/Pharma and related Chemical Industry;- Science (Physics);
- Linguistics;- Psychology & Educational Sciences;- Speech Therapy;- Music;- Legal & Immigration;- Farming & Agriculture;- SAP;- Power Generation and Distribution Networks;- Gas/Water/Energy Meters.
Linguist Team Coordinator - on the 3-year ENEL Romania Project (translations/interpreting):
- translation of several million words
- hundreds of hours of interpreting sessions involving several fields: technical/scientific (power networks, energy meters, renewable sources of energy), legal, ICT.
I strongly believe that my linguistic experience as well as my analytical approach to language can be put to good use within your organization. I am a fast learner, I always pay attention to details. I deliver on time & on quality. Happy to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
Keywords: Italian, English, Romanian, French, Turkish, energy, electromechanics, technology, electric meters, gas meters, water meters, tools, machinery, SAP, pc, onomatology, veneto, dobrogea, Timisoara, Enel, energie rinnovabili, fotovoltaico, eolico, idroenergia, certificati verdi, pannelli solari, tecnologia