Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
5 projects entered 1 positive feedback from outsourcers
Translation Volume: 2650 words Completed: Sep 2010 Languages: Spanish to Portuguese
patent: new material for civil engineering
Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng, Construction / Civil Engineering, Patents
Editing/proofreading Volume: 11258 words Completed: Apr 2010 Languages:
seventeen files: technical material and marketing
The project included proofreading documents which had been translated from English into European Portuguese, and localising them to Brazilian Portuguese. The material included a catalogue of products, a power point presentation, technical description of the products, and letters aiming to present both the products and the company to potential clients.
- PhD in Chemistry, with a degree in English language and specialization in Translation. I have been a teacher of English and techniques of translation for some years. As a translator I usually work with texts in chemistry, medical/pharmaceutical sciences,engineering and related areas.
- Familiar with Spanish and European Portuguese texts since my childhod, I feel comfortable in translating from Spanish and in adapting material written in EU-PT into BR-PT, too.
- about 20 years experience as a Natural Products Chemist at brazilian universities, where I have developed projects in the areas of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, phytochemistry and computational chemistry.
- Chemist/Researcher at the Brazilian Nuclear Energy Commission (CNEN), since 2002. In CNEN I have worked at the department of Chemistry (analytical chemistry - mineral and environmental material), the Medical Physics department (biological effects of ionizing radiation), and the Technological Innovation Office (mainly intellectual property matters). Currently, I am in charge of the courses on Radiation Protection at CDTN, one of the research & technology development institutes of CNEN.
- Freelance translator since 2001, I have translated more than 2,000,000 words and proofread lots of documents. I translate/proofread mainly medical/pharmaceutical protocols on new drugs, clinical studies documents and scientific papers. I also translate patent documents on chemistry, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals; technical manuals on medical equipments and devices, brochures and product information sheets of chemical products, etc.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.