I started my career translating subtitles and travelling everywhere to work for my company at Film Festivals. This gave me the opportunity to improve my comprehension of the nuances and the registers of a language.
Thanks to a master in one of the major Italian Business Schools, I acquired the vocabulary and the mind-set a thorough Humanistic preparation lacks.
Therefore, I have been able to translate business and legal texts.
Some of my translations
- Trademarks for the OHIM (EU Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market) – ongoing project
- EU magazines
- Legislation published on the Polish Official Journal
- Legal summons
- Personal documents (diplomas, driving licences, birth certificates, Pension&Insurance schemes etc.)
- Articles of associations
- Call for tenders
- Company presentations
- Fashion catalogues
- Advertising (insurance, banks, white goods, textiles etc.)
- Chamber of Commerce documentation
- Commercial correspondence
- Instructions for paper and packaging machinery
- Audio guide of the Westminster Abbey
- Web site of Naar Tour Operator
- 4 chapters of a book on Arco Latino (Franco-Spanish-Italian Association)
Just some of the films I translated
- Elles by Luis Galvao Teles
- Retrospective on Robert Kramer
- Yizo-Yizo (various directors)
- Split wide open by Dev Benegal
- Waco: A New Revelation by Stephen M. NovakJason, Van Vleet
- Death of a composer by Peter Greenaway
- Padurea spanzuratilor by Liviu Ciulei
- Stare De Fapt by Stere Gulea
- Reconstituirea by Lucian Pintilie
- Retrospective on Munk
In 2004 I passed the EMCI Master
in Conference Intrepreting.
My experience as an Interpreter:
- Liaison for Polish delegations visiting Italian companies.
- Simultaneous interpretation into English for Pitti Uomo
, Florence, Italy.
- Simultaneous interpretation into English for Fondazione Carnevale
, Viareggio, Italy.
- Liaison EN/IT for Arabic delegations visiting Italian marble fairs.
- Simultaneous interpretation for the FSMED in Barcelona
- Court Interpreter in Trieste
- Simultaneous, chuchotage, consecutive for the X Antiracist Meeting
- 2 weeks internship for the EU in Brussels
An Overview on my Education
MA in Conference Interpreting, University of Westminster, London
MA in Tourism Management, MIB School of Management, Trieste
University Degree (Laurea), University of Udine, final mark 110 cum laude/110
High School Diploma in General Sciences (Diploma di maturità scientifica), final mark 54/60
I have proficiency certificates
in all my source languages and spent long periods abroad
in Anglophone and Francophone countries, Poland, Romania, Russia
My rates vary according to the language and the workload.
A minimum charge applies.