Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
French to Portuguese (ISLA - Instituto Superior de Línguas e Administra) English to Portuguese (ISLA - Instituto Superior de Línguas e Administra) Spanish to Portuguese (University of Geneva, Switzerland) Portuguese to French (ISLA - Instituto Superior de Línguas e Administra) Portuguese to English (ISLA - Instituto Superior de Línguas e Administra)
Business,banking/finance,economics,EU affairs,insurance,road accidents,journalism,legal documentation/agreements,marketing,international organisations,civil construction, art, history
1992 ? 1993 ? First year in Arts ? English / German ? at Universidade Auta de Lisboa, Lu�de Cam?(Autonomous University of Lisbon, Lu�de Cam? in Portugal.
1994 ? 1995 ? First year in Arts at the University of Geneva: concluded the first year of Spanish and English Linguistics.
1996 ? 2000 ? Translation Course ? English / French ? at ISLA, Instituto Superior de L�uas e Administra磯 (ISLA ? High Institute of Languages and Administration) in Portugal. Final average of 14 points (out of 20).
- Specialisation in Portuguese, English and French: economics/banking/finance, journalism, EU affairs, legal and technical translations.
- October 1998 ? February 1999: Erasmus scholarship at the University of Lyon where I took Portuguese, English and French translation courses. Average of 15 points (out of 20)
English ? Since I was 4 years of age.
November 1993 ? June 1994 ? French Course at Ecole Schultz in Geneva, in Switzerland. Final average of 5 (out of 6).
June 1994 ? Alliance Fran硩se Diploma with the mark Assez Bien
22 August ? 30 September 1994 ? French Summer Course at the University of Geneva, in Switzerland.
7 August ? 29 September 1995 ? English Summer Course at Stanton School of English in London.
October 2000 ? July 2001 ? Diploma of French Studies at the University of Geneva, in Switzerland.
? Translation from English into Portuguese of two countries of the Amnesty International Annual Report (1999) and its introduction (2000)
- Professional training at the Permanent Mission of Portugal in Geneva during the Human Rights Commission.
Since 2001 I have been doing free-lance jobs in the following areas
- Insurance (translations from Nov. 2001 - May 2002)
? Civil Engineering (translation in March 2002 for a Civil Engineering company in Lisbon, Portugal)
- Legal + financial translations for a company in Almada (Portugal) (from Dec. 2003 - May 2003)
- Legal translations for a translation agency in Prior Velho (Portugal) (Since March 20023)
- TASCHEN books for a Spanish company in Barcelona (Since December 2003)
- Technical translations for a translation agency in Pinhal Novo (Portugal) (Since March 2004)
- Economic proofreadings for a USA-based translation agency (New York) (Since 2004)
- Legal proofreading for a Spanish school in Madrid (October 2004)
- Economic translations for a French translation agency in Marseille (since February 2005)
- Technical translation for a Greek translation agency (May 2005)
- Technical/Economic translation for a Swiss translation agency (August 2005)
- English as foreign language (primary and preparatory levels) in the Portuguese school "A Colmeia" (since March 2002 - June 2003);
- English and French at "CENTRO DE APOIO PEDAGӇICO DONA MARIA II" (from November 2001 - May 2003)
- French for INSTITUTO PORTUGUʓ DE DESENVOLVIMENTO PARA O MANAGEMENT (Summer 2002)
- English, French, Portuguese and History at "Narcilis, Lda" (leiria)
Other jobs done in the past:
- SECRETARY - for Portuguese companies both in Portugal and in Switzerland
- JOURNALIST - for the Japanese news agency KYODO NEWS and the Portuguese news agency LUSA, in Geneva (Switzerland) (Summer 2001)
- MARKETING - collaborator of the marketing departments of the Portuguese company MARKWELL (October-November 2001)
"BANHO@COZINHA" magazine: Collaborator of the marketing department
- I've spent some years in Switzerland and my French is also, besides Portuguese, native-speaking level
Keywords: Economics, Law, and more.
This profile has received 60 visits in the last month, from a total of 56 visitors