I am a Spanish native from Madrid, Spain, working as translator since 1999. My pair languages are EN > ES, FR > ES and PT < > ES.
One of my personal passions and professional areas are arts, particularly music, painting, sculpture and architecture.
Related with music, I performed at a conference on Verdi as interpreter and translated panegyrics and commentaries for the editions of the complete works of the most famous french musicians, such as Charles Aznavour and Mano Negra.
As you can see in my portfolio, concerning with painting I translated a biography of Delacroix for the Brazilian newspaper Folha de São Paulo (the biggest one in Brazil) and long reviews for the São Paulo Biennial. About 45.000 words.
Translation projects related with tourism, including texts about museums, monuments, architecture, history…: the site of Office of Tourism of Paris (almost 76.000 words), a guide of the monuments of Nanterre and guides from different countries. More than 89.000 words in total.
Besides, texts for Relais & Châteaux and several websites of almost all types.
In addition, I interpreted in a conference of the best architecture study of Portugal (Álvaro Siza) and translated several texts on this subject.
Recently, I have proofread a french videogame of almost 7000 words, including dialogues and instructions. A text with some literary level, proofread with SDL Trados Studio 2019, the CAT tool I use. I can manage cloud CAT tools too.
Precisely, literature is other of my specialities as translator, proofreader, writer and recreator.
In June I have proofread a tale for children in Spanish, Las cosas invisibles, more than 4000 words. Reference: Romina Rodriguez do Campo. CEO. TXT. (Lyon). France.
Rhythmical version of Poetry of the XVIIIth for English into Spanish of Anna Laetitia Barbauld. For a university study of almost 1300 words. Reference: Justin Peterson, At the time, Director, Founder and Chief Translator: Vaughan Translations.
Philosophical essay of Peter Pál Pelbart from Brazilian Portuguese into Spanish. Almost 6000 words. Reference: Santiago Restrepo.
The Prophet, Khalil Gibran. English into Spanish. Almost 13.000 words. (Arte Plural, Lisbon).
Lexicographer. PT (BR) > ES Translator. ES>PT (BR) Proofreader. Portuguese-Spanish-Portuguese Dictionaries. Editorial Océano. Barcelona. Spain.
Highlights as PT > < ES interpreter:
- Conference Verdi and Portugal, Luisa Cymbron, Xth Verdi Week. 1’30 h. DeustoForum, Bilbao. (Talent Intérpretes).
- Chuchotage: Course of Immigration. División de Formación del Ministerio del Interior. 6 h. Madrid. (Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y Cooperación).
- Voluntary. Press conference of brazilian priests. Foro Social Mundial de las Migraciones. 4 h. Rivas-Vaciamadrid. Madrid.
- Meeting about rural development policy in European Union organized by Madrid Community’s Government. 8 h. Madrid. (Advance).
- Dialogues of freedom with Mario Soares and Iñaki Gabilondo. Bicentenary of the Constitution of 1812. 2 h. Cádiz. (Tridiom).
Reference: Marta Bernar, Project Manager. Madrid. Spain.
- Seminar of Architecture Paisaje5: Habitar el Lugar. 4 h. Cuenca. (Linguaserve).
Translator and proofreader:
- Agriculture project for FAO about urban agriculture. PT > ES. Fortaleza's Prefecture. Ceará. Brazil. (Jaime F. Martí).
- Doctoral thesis about archivist job, history and architecture. Communications & scientific texts upon linguistics, grammar, anthropology, social sciences, politics, history…
- Climate Atlas of the Iberian Peninsula. PT > ES. (Advance).
- Education: Papers from Head Chancellors. 2.000 words. (Advance).
- Politics: Articles about the presidential elections and new government at Brazil. (Eagle).
- EN>ES: website of English Language Education, which offers language journeys for English students. (Viva Translations, Lisbon).
- PackshotCreator. 3D marketing photography. FR > ES. Almost 33.000 words. (Sysnext).
- Gomadic, tips for smartphones & mobile devices. EN >ES. 10.000 words. (Gomadic, USA).
- ShopintoShape, fitness marketing website. EN >ES/PT.
- Other websites already mentioned in tourism area: parisinfo.fr (proofreader and translator) and Sant’s Christopher hostel.
- Industry websites: Unicer, Sovena, Novabase…
Literary prizes as writer
1996 Complutense Prize of Literature Blas de Otero of Poetry. Facultad de Filología. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
1997 Member of the Jury of Complutense Prizes of Literature. Facultad de Filología. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
2000 Miguel de Cervantes Prize of Poetry. Consejería de Educación. Embajada de España. Brazil.
1997 Redemisere. Collection Blas de Otero of Poetry. Facultad de Filología. Ed.: Universidad Complutense de Madrid. 31 pp.
2004 Diccionarios Portugués-Español-Portugués. Océano Grupo Editorial. Barcelona. (collaborator).
2003 Handbook Nuevo ELE Avanzado. Editorial SM. Madrid. (collaborator).
2001 El contraste entre los tres tiempos del pasado más comunes en español. VIII Congreso Brasileño de Profesores de Español. Universo Hispánico. UFES. Vitoria. ES. Brazil.
As a Spanish teacher and writer with published work I can grant a correct and natural version.
Let me introduce myself.
I am Master in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language (SFL) by Alcalá de Henares University. I have the Certificate of Pedagogical Aptitude (Language & Literature) by Complutense University and the Degree in Political Sciences and Sociology. (Specialties: General Sociology & Social Anthropology) by Complutense University. Besides, I have the Diploma of Portuguese Language for Portuguese Teachers of the Lisbon University.
I have a great passion for my work. I use to ask for context, images and other details about the project in order to offer a sound translation, accurate and logic. So, it will be wonderful to receive comments and feedback by e-mail.
I have relevant experience translating, proofreading and revising texts of several areas, including: Literature, Philosophy, Arts, History, Political and Social Sciences, Tourism and Hotels, Gastronomy, Technical, Marketing, Business, Medicine, Legal documentation…
In addition, I've been interpreting at several business meetings and congresses, and other top-level jobs in Sports or Justice.
I must make a special mention of the collection of Dictionaries (Portuguese-Spanish-Portuguese) of Editorial Océano, from Barcelona, in which I participated as lexicographer, translator and proofreader.
Besides, I am Spanish as a Foreign Language teacher since 1992 and I taught at institutions like Instituto Cervantes, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Universidade Federal de Ceará and a lot of private centers.
My rates use to be between 0.06 € and 0.14 € per word depending of kind of text, volume…
For fast payment, less than 2 weeks, I offer always better conditions as for great projects or long-term collaboration.
Payments accepted via Paypal or wire transfer to my Spanish SEPA bank account.
Wishing you the best
Oscar G. Villarino