Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Editor/proof-reader/translator with 6+ years of experience in correcting and translating various kinds of texts with high quality results. I have Greek as my mother tongue and I speak English fluently. I also have a very good grasp of the Italian language. Languages are my passion and I believe the best way to fully learn one is to live in the country that is spoken. I have started learning English from a very young age and I have lived, studied and worked in Ireland for 5 years. I am currently living and working in Italy (1.5 year) where I am improving day by day my knowledge of Italian.
I possess a Doctor of Philosophy in Classics (direction: Archaeology) from the University of Dublin, Trinity College. Since my undergraduate studies, I have been:
1. the chief-editor of a student journal in archaeology (in Greek).
2. the editor and proof-reader of an archaeological book in English (chosen by English native speakers). As part of this job I had to translate text from English to Greek and vice versa.
3. the reviewer and editor of various archaeological, inter-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary articles.
4. the author of various articles that have been published in international journals and prestigious publishing houses.
5. the editor and proof-reader of project proposals, web-sites and legal documents related to civil and urban engineering (current job). As part of this job I had to also: a) write reports on the documentation connected to various projects; b) translate texts from Greek <-> English and Italian to English and/or Greek; and c) create a database including details from past and present projects.
In my spare time I enjoy reading books, travelling around the world, trying different cuisines (I am a foodie) and weird enough reading medical articles (focusing on the latest research in cardiology and gastroenterology).