I am currently a Sworn Legal Translator with the Office of the Commissioner General in Brussels. In parallel, I also work with the Alien Office, the Court of Justice, and the Police.
My key qualities and achievements include:
- Gained significant legal, organizational and research experience in diverse environments
- Developed comprehensive knowledge of the legal requirements and asylum procedures for refugees, stateless persons in Belgium
- Honed customer service and communication capabilities in a variety of client-facing roles and as a volunteer
- Well travelled and fully multilingual, with an excellent working knowledge of Chinese, Russian, Arabic, French and English.
I hold a Doctor of Medicine degree, which is supported by a Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine and a Certificate of Naturopathy.
My attention to detail is matched by exceptional organization, self-motivation, and the ability to work with a sense of urgency and purpose. I grasp new concepts with ease, work equally well independently and in team settings, and thrive in fast paced environments.
As a Freelance Interpreter I work as an Interpreter for refugees and stateless persons, and assist them with the asylum procedure.
I perform translations primarily from Arabic to English and French and vice versa.
COURT OF JUSTICE, Brussels, Belgium (Feb 2015 - Present)
I working as a Sworn Translator in Arabic to French, and vice versa, and translate a variety of documents including:
- Documents issued by civil registry offices such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and divorce certificates,
as well as certificates of clear criminal record, marriage status, residence, and court decisions
- Documents of incorporation, contracts, agreements, and powers of attorney, and licences and permits
In addition I certify copies of the translated documents and provide interpretation services in public institutions including the Court, and the notary’s office during the signing and execution of deeds and documents. I am also responsible for the certification of the accuracy of translations.
- Certificate of Naturopathy, Faculté Libre de Médecine Naturelle et d'Ethnomédecine, Paris, France, 2015
- Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, China, 2013
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Mohammed V University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Souissi, Rabat, Morocco, 2010
Medical Internship, Moroccan Teaching Hospital, 2006 - 2010
- Sworn Legal translator, Certified by the Belgian Court, Brussels, Belgium, Feb 2015
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|Total pts earned: 159|
PRO-level pts: 143
|Top languages (PRO)|
|English to French||43|
|French to English||40|
|English to Arabic||40|
|Arabic to English||20|
|Top general fields (PRO)|
|Pts in 1 more fld >|
|Top specific fields (PRO)|
|General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters||20|
|Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs||7|
|Pts in 18 more flds >|
See all points earned >