Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a well-trained freelance translator and proofreader familiar with technical/scientific texts as well as literary ones. I know the importance of details and meeting deadlines and I always do my best to improve my work and myself.
LANGUAGE PAIR: English > Italian
MAIN WORKING FIELDS:
▪ Healthcare and science: pharmaceutics; package leaflets; SPCs; brochures; papers; other general, specialized and educational texts.
▪ Information Technology/Computer science and localization: software (GUI, strings, messages); user manuals; procedures; websites; documentation; marketing material.
Working with Translation: Theory and Practice, online course by the Cardiff University on FutureLearn. See my Certificate of Achievement here. (November 2016)
1-year postgraduate course (Master di I livello): Specialized Translation from English to Italian
ICoN Consortium - Universities of Bari, Genova and Pisa, 2014-2015
▪ Biomedicine and IT-Localization
Bachelor's degree (Laurea triennale): Foreign Languages and Literatures
University of Florence, 2007-2010
▪ English and Japanese
▪ Classes attended included: Linguistics, Literary Studies, Language education, Philosophy of Logic and Language, Modern History, Eastern Asian History, Geography, Cultural Anthropology
1-year attendance of Bachelor’s degree in Natural Science’s courses
University of Florence, 2006-2007
▪ Classes attended included: Biology, Botanics, Climatology, Genetics, Inorganic Chemistry and Stoichiometry, Mathemathics, Organic Chemistry, Physical Geography, Physics, Zoology