Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Panjabi (Chartered Institute of Linguists, verified) English to Panjabi (National Open College Network, verified) Panjabi to English (Chartered Institute of Linguists, verified) Panjabi to English (National Open College Network, verified)
Dreamweaver, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Wordfast
I completed my initial studies in India and in 1976 I moved to United Kingdom. I enjoy studying and helping people in need. I have acquired many qualifications and some of these are listed below. In 1996, I started as a translator and an interpreter with the local authority and now working with many organisations including Capita and BigWord. In addition to working as an interpreter I also acquired ample knowledge and experience of various cultures through my managerial role with various organisations.
Languages related modules completed:
• Diploma in Public Services Interpreting (DPSI), Institute of Linguists , London, United Kingdom. Interpreting and translation for Public Services and Legal – Grades: 2 Merit; 1 Distinction, 2 Passes.
• Introduction to Advanced Community Interpreting – NOCN – 2009
• Certificate in Community Interpreting – OCN West - 1999
• Certificate in Language Support Tutor – Inner City Life Line – 1997
• Certificate in translation & Interpreting – Bristol City Council – 1996
Other Studies Completed:
• Teaching for Adults: City & Guilds certificate in further Teaching Level 4 – 2008 - City of Bristol
College, Bristol, United Kingdom
• Advanced Professional Diploma in Management Studies – 2006 - Edexcel Level 7 BTEC Advanced Professional Diploma: –Merit; City of Bristol College, Bristol, United Kingdom
Modules studied: Advanced professional Development; Management change in organisations; Management research project and presentation; Management financial principles and technologies; Management in the wider environment; Management research methods; Strategic reviews; Management finance for strategic managers; Quality and systems management.
• Accounting and Finance (BA Honours) - 1998: University of West of England, Bristol, United Kingdom. Module Studied: Financial Accounting; Corporate Financial Information & Capital Markets; Corporate Reporting Theory & Practice; Financial Management; Advanced Management; Economic Issues in International Business; Money Markets; Business Environment, Communications, Quantitative Methods, Taxation, Financial Institutions, Independent Study Project.
• Diploma in COBOL Programming & Application of Programming -1992 : Joint National Computing Centre & City & Guilds Qualification, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Module studied: Principals of Data Processing & Hardware; Environment; DP Organisation & Personnel; COBOL Programming and Application of programming.
• Induction for New Non-Executive Directors- Appointment Commission – April 2010
• Finance Briefing – Appointment Commission – April 2010
• Introduction to Benefits – Welfare rights accredited training – Birmingham - 2001
• Certificate in NVQ 3, Units A22, B22, C23 - Skillsmaker Development Award - 2000
• Certificate in NEBS Management Introductory Award - Skills maker Dev. Award 2000
• Certificate in Skillsmaker Development Award – OCR - 2000
• Certificate in Teaching – D32 – City of Bristol College – 1999
• Budgets & Cashflows – BBVS – 1994
• Management Committee Skills – BBVS
Keywords: English to Panjabi, English to Punjabi, English to Panjabi translator, English to Punjabi Interpreter, Wordfast, Punjabi translation, greetings, general conversation, children books, education, computers, technology
This profile has received 3 visits in the last month, from a total of 3 visitors