I am native English speaking professional Russian to English (RU-EN) and Finnish to English (EN-FI) translator with more than 8 years translation, editing and proofreading experience. I primarily specialise in legal contracts, financial reports, IT and in-house business documentation.
I am qualified translator having graduated from Auckland University of technology with a Graduate Diploma in Arts (in Translation) and a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) in Russian from the University of Canterbury.
I am accredited by NZSTI - New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters as a full Member Russian to English (RU-EN) translator.
I am currently working on obtaining membership with the Finnish SKTL at present.
* Translation (RU->EN & FI->EN)
* Education (EN) - language lessons and (RU) language lessons.
* Proofreading and Editing (RU->EN, FI->EN, EN<>EN)
1) Graduate Diploma in Arts (in Translation) Russian-English - Auckland University of Technology
2) Russian <> English Translation Studies - Exchange - ВШП / Higher School of Translation Faculty - МГУ /MSU - Lomonosov Moscow State University / Московский Государственный Университет им. Ломоносова (Moscow, Russia) (as part of the fulfillment for Bachelor of Arts (Hons) First Class Russian - University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand) - Duration 5 months (more than 420 hours in total). Courses undertaken:
* Russian <-> English advanced translation
*Russian for Mass Media and Communication
* Russian History and Russian Culture
* Advanced Russian Grammar
3) Bachelor of Arts (Hons) First Class - Russian - University of Canterbury (Christchurch, New Zealand) 2014.
4) Bachelor of Arts - Triple major in Russian, Maori/Indigenous Studies, Sociology - University of Canterbury (Christchurch, New Zealand) 2010. TEFL/TESOL - Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language - Endorsed in Business English, General English, and Grammar Specialist 2008.
Additional Qualifications (Pending Graduation)
5) Master of Applied Management - Southern Institute of Technology (SIT)
6) Diploma in Small Business and Project Management (Level 5) - Te Wananga o Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Member Translator - NZSTI - New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters - #1221 - http://nzsti.org - Jenna Milesi.
* April 2015 - present - Freelance Translator, English and Russian tutor, company name: Little Kiwi Linguist, direct customers.
* October 2008 - present - online and face-to-face English and Russian language tutor.
* July 2007- December 2014 - Translation and Language Student, University of Canterbury and community Freelance translator.
MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher etc.)
SDL Trados 2019
SDL Trados 2019
Countries Lived in / Languages Used to Communicate
* New Zealand (30 years) - uses English and Russian (with Russian speakers/writers).
* Russia (5 months) - used Russian and English - August 2012 - January 2013.
* Lithuania (3 months) - used Russian and English - February 2013 - April 2013.
* Italy (1 month) - used English and Italian - May 2013.
* England (1 month) - used English - mid June - mid July 2012.
Volunteer Translation Projects Can be contacted about this.
Contacts Web: Little Kiwi Linguist Email: email@example.com Ph:+64210344112
2019 - New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters Conference: Speaker - "Getting Noticed" Workshop for Translators (http://nzsti-conference.org/)
2015 - New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters Conference: Conflict and Communication (attendee) (http://nzsti-conference.org/)