Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Portuguese: Information technology General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: IT (Information Technology)
Source text - English Information technology (IT) is the acquisition, processing, storage and dissemination of vocal, pictorial, textual and numerical information by a microelectronics-based combination of computing and telecommunications. The term in its modern sense first appeared in a 1958 article published in the Harvard Business Review, in which authors Leavitt and Whisler commented that "the new technology does not yet have a single established name. We shall call it information technology (IT)."
Translation - Portuguese Tecnologia da informação é a aquisição, processamento, armazenamento e disseminação de informação vocal, pictural, textual e numérica por uma combinação de computação e telecomunicações baseadas em microeletrônica. O termo no seu significado moderno apareceu primeiro em um artigo de 1958 publicado na Análise de Negócios de Harvard, na qual os autores Leavitt e Whisler comentaram que "a nova tecnologia ainda não tem um nome único estabelecido. Nós devemos chamar isso de tecnologia da informação (TI)."
English to Portuguese: Yogi Berra Quotes General field: Other
Source text - English - "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."
- "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
- "You can observe a lot just by watchin'."
- "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
- "I can't concentrate when I'm thinking."
- "The future ain't what it used to be."
- "I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did."
- "We're lost, but we're making good time."
- "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
- "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
- "It's like deja-vu, all over again."
- "It ain't over till it's over."
- Mrs. Lindsay: "You certainly look cool." Yogi Berra: "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself."
- "If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be."
Translation - Portuguese - "Eu daria meu braço direito para ser ambidestro."
- "Quando você chegar à uma bifurcação na estrada, entre."
- "Você pode observar bastante só assistindo."
- "Ninguém vai mais lá. Está muito lotado."
- "Eu não consigo me concentrar quando estou pensando."
- "O futuro não é o que costumava ser."
- "Eu não vou comprar uma enciclopédia para meus filhos. Deixe eles andarem até a escola como eu fiz."
- "Nós estamos perdidos, mas estamos tendo um bom momento."
- "Metade das mentiras que dizem sobre mim não são verdade."
Since this section is constantly being updated and will still change a lot, explore this About Me section often to know how I'm serving the community.
Who I am
Hi, my name is Fernando Schramm and I'm a full-time IT specialist freelancer translator. For more than 30 years I have lived on the wings of Brasília, the modern capital in the heart of Brazil and worked for passion as IT Specialist.
My Commitment to My Outsourcers
I'm motivated and inspired every day by how my outsourcers benefit from my services in their lives, business, and rest assured to what's most important to them.
I run my business in much the same way, and believe I serve my outsourcers with the greatest potential.
Outsourcer and Partner Experience
Ensuring a high level of satisfaction among my outsourcers and partners is a core component of my business.
My Mission and Values
My mission is to help people and businesses to internationalize their work throughout the world.
As a freelancer I value integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, continual self-improvement, and mutual respect. I take on big challenges, and pride myself on seeing them through. I'm committed to my outsourcers and partners and I hold myself accountable to them by honoring my commitments and striving for the highest quality.
Good Old Days
I'm learning English since 1995 but started translating recently. Prior to registering in Proz.com, I spent those years as an Information Technology (IT) student and professional.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.
Project History Summary
With client feedback
0 positive (0 entries)
English to Portuguese
Keywords: portuguese to english translator, professional translator, specialist translator, expert translator, full-time translator, translation, editing, proofreading, software localization, review, tech, ngineering, other, computer translation, systems translation, network translation, hardware translation, software translation, IT translation, information technology translation, telecom translation, telecommunications translation, internet translation, e-commerce translation, games translation, video games translation, gaming translation, media translation, multimedia translation, music translation
This profile has received 3 visits in the last month, from a total of 3 visitors