Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Medical Translator English and German to Brazilian Portuguese Portuguese to English MITI - Qualified member of the ITI Member of ATA's Medical Division
I'm a Brazilian translator specializing in medical and life sciences. I have 14 years of translation experience, most of which in the fields of medicine, pharmaceuticals, and clinical trials. I'm used to routines of translation agencies, having worked both as a freelancer and as an in-house translator. I'm a proficient user of CAT tools such as memoQ, Trados, and Wordfast Pro. Always 100% committed to producing translations that are highly readable, concise, and most of all scientifically accurate, putting ethics and patient safety in first place.
Credential status: Since 2013: MITI: Qualified Member of the ITI - Institute of Translation and Interpreting, in the UK, assessed in "Medicine and pharmaceuticals".
Last but not least, I'm interested in pharmaceutical research and development, especially when it comes to clinical trials. Here, my work includes:
- Careful use of globally-accepted scientific terminology, as published on clinical research databases in the US and Brazil;
- Adherence to Brazilian official health care and pharmaceutical terminology published by regulatory bodies;
- Observance to clients' technical preferences and style guides;
- Strict quality control for accuracy, grammar, and style;
- And friendly support through a project's lifecycle, with an eye on long-term cooperation.
* * *
DETAILSSoftware and tools: memoQ, Wordfast Pro, SDL Trados 2007, SDL Studio 2011, SDLX, MS Expression
* * *
WORK EXPERIENCE: A selection of projects
• Clinical trial documentation; protocols, investigator brochures, guidelines, informed consent forms, and communication to clinical investigators in Brazil;
• Drug product submissions and technical documentation presented by leading pharmaceutical companies to regulatory bodies such as the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa) in Brazil;
• Patient information leaflets, hospital handouts;
• Market research surveys with specialists about novel products in development to ascertain physicians' willingness to try new treatment options as well as any potential implications or conditions for such;
• CIOMS reports and SUSAR reports submitted to parties involved in clinical research in Brazil;
• R&D reports and news from leading pharmaceutical companies;
• Laboratory equipment catalogs;
• Lectures and articles, especially in the fields of oncology and therapeutics.
Books publishedSecond Life: The Official Guide
Second Life - O Guia Oficial
Ediouro, Rio de Janeiro, 2007
From Pieces to Weight: Once upon a Time in Southside Queens
Kris Ex / 50 cent
Do lixo ao luxo - A história do grande astro do hip hop
Ediouro, Rio de Janeiro, 2006
* * *
• BA English
Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil [2016 - ongoing]
Goldsmiths, University of London [one year toward a BA, 2013-2014]
Universidade Estadual de Londrina [2007-2008, one year toward a BA]
• Portuguese Language and Literature (undergraduate studies)
Universidade São Marcos [2006-2006, one year toward a BA]
Translation education: continuing education courses
• Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology)
April -June 2013, from University of Maryland, via Coursera
• Human Anatomy for Translation (Tradução em Anatomia Humana)
March 2013, with Dr. Vanda Marujo, via Tradulínguas (Portugal)
• Biotechnology for Translation (Tradução em Biotecnologia)
February - March 2013, with Dr. José Matos via Tradulínguas (Portugal)
• Clinical Trials and Medical Documentation: Resources and Strategies for Translators
January 2013, with Carmen Cross, Medical Translator via ProZ, 3 hours
* * *
Thank you for visiting, and please feel free to say hello any time.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.
Keywords: Brazilian Portuguese medical translator, Brazilian Portuguese science translation, biology translation to Brazilian Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese legal translator, translator in Santa Catarina, serviços de tradução em Joinville, tradução jurídica, tradutor medicina para português, tradutor profissional, translation services in Santa Catarina Brazil