Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Portuguese French to English English to Turkish Chinese to English English to Arabic German to English Korean to English Portuguese to English Finnish to English English to Polish Norwegian to English Swedish to English English to Danish English to Spanish English to Italian Italian to English English to Japanese Japanese to English Hebrew to English Dutch to English English to Dutch Icelandic to English German to Croatian English to Croatian French to Dutch English to Thai Polish to Georgian English to Czech Danish to English Czech to English Italian to Czech German to Italian Italian to Romanian German to Spanish Italian to Portuguese English to Romanian English to Chinese Dutch to German Finnish to German English to Hindi German to French Dutch to French Thai to English Spanish to French Japanese to French Dutch to Spanish Portuguese (monolingual) French to Finnish Czech to Dutch French to Norwegian English to Malay Malay to English Spanish to Polish English to Ukrainian German to Swedish German to Vietnamese Spanish to German German to Dutch Russian to English Spanish to English Spanish to Italian German to Portuguese French to Portuguese English to Malayalam English to Telugu Norwegian to German Japanese to Italian English to Kannada German to Norwegian German to Japanese French to Swedish French to Malay Italian to German German to Romanian Danish to German German to Danish Hungarian to German German to Hungarian Turkish to English Portuguese to French Spanish to Portuguese Dutch to Danish German to Czech Japanese to German Turkish to Urdu Serbian to English Swedish to Italian Indonesian to English Pashto (Pushto) to French Spanish to Danish Malay (monolingual) English to Irish Swedish to German French (monolingual) Indonesian to French English to Korean English to Norwegian (Bokmal) Swedish to Finnish Romanian to English English to Tagalog Turkish (monolingual) English to Vietnamese English to Indonesian Spanish to Bulgarian English to Russian German to Chinese Italian to French Italian to Norwegian English to Bulgarian Bulgarian to English German to Finnish Arabic to English Spanish to Chinese French to Russian Swedish to Norwegian Korean to Italian German to Russian German to Tamil Swedish to Dutch English to Gujarati Chinese (monolingual) Arabic (monolingual) English to Nepali English to Bengali Italian to Russian English to Pashto (Pushto) German (monolingual) Chinese to Indonesian Chinese to Spanish Chinese to Hindi French to Japanese Hebrew to Turkish Portuguese to Danish Serbo-Croat to English Dutch to Hebrew Slovenian to English Italian to Chinese Chinese to Korean Czech to German Danish to French Portuguese to Dutch Chinese to French Yiddish to English Italian to Spanish Ukrainian to English Persian (Farsi) to Arabic Russian to French French to Korean Turkish to Polish Polish to Turkish German to Slovenian English to Sinhala (Sinhalese) Latin to Japanese Hungarian to French Hungarian to Spanish Japanese to Chinese Italian to Slovenian English to Farsi (Persian) Spanish to Korean Russian to Arabic Italian to Swedish Slovak to English Dutch (monolingual) Korean to Chinese Hebrew to German German to Arabic Polish to Swedish Spanish to Dutch Czech to Polish Greek to Spanish Spanish to Finnish Polish to German German to Turkish German to Serbian Russian to Spanish Russian to Swedish French to German Greek to Danish English to Slovenian English to Marathi Italian to Polish Polish to English English to Hungarian Italian to Japanese English to Panjabi Dutch to Slovak English to Hebrew Hindi to English Portuguese to Spanish Korean to Japanese Spanish to Japanese Norwegian to Hungarian Spanish to Arabic German to Hebrew English to Slovak Chinese to Japanese English to Greek Norwegian to Spanish Portuguese to Japanese Spanish to Swedish Thai to Japanese Japanese to Thai Macedonian to English English to Macedonian French to Thai Swedish to Danish Pashto (Pushto) to English Vietnamese to English French to Chinese English to Estonian Russian to German Swedish to Slovenian Spanish (monolingual) Finnish to French English to Icelandic German to Korean Farsi (Persian) to English Farsi (Persian) to English Catalan to German Finnish to Slovenian Norwegian to Slovenian Russian to Slovenian Spanish to Turkish German to Polish Danish to Dutch Russian to Japanese English to Urdu Greek to Italian French to Spanish Portuguese to Chinese Finnish to Norwegian Finnish to Swedish Chinese to German Korean (monolingual) Turkish to Spanish French to Hungarian Danish to Swedish Bosnian to German Dutch to Russian Hungarian (monolingual) French to Hindi Hebrew to Chinese Russian to Bulgarian Korean to French English to Serbian Norwegian to Dutch Nepali to English Chinese to Russian Turkish to Russian English to Tajik Dutch to Finnish Hungarian to English English to Georgian Japanese to Tagalog Japanese to Russian English to Albanian Finnish to Polish Italian to Danish Italian to Hungarian Italian to Malay Dutch to Polish Estonian to English English to Bosnian Czech to Russian French to Turkish Georgian to English Dutch to Hungarian Dutch to Swedish English to Kurdish German to Norwegian (Bokmal) Japanese to Indonesian Dutch to Arabic Norwegian to Finnish Italian to Lithuanian Portuguese to German Uzbek to English Spanish to Czech Portuguese to Turkish English to Lithuanian Greek to English Chinese to Thai Dutch to Chinese French to Polish German to Thai French to Vietnamese French to Indonesian Polish to Spanish English to Azerbaijani Azerbaijani to English Polish to Norwegian Italian to Latvian Swedish to Polish Lithuanian to English Spanish to Romanian French to Italian Danish to Icelandic Khmer (Central) to English Korean to German Somali to English Sinhala (Sinhalese) to English Marathi (monolingual) Russian (monolingual) Spanish to Norwegian Norwegian to Polish Belarusian to Polish English to Malagasy English to Flemish Slovenian to Spanish Polish to Russian Italian to Finnish Norwegian (Nynorsk) to English German to Malay Italian to Turkish Czech to Portuguese Catalan to English Finnish to Spanish Polish to Portuguese Bengali to English Latvian to English Czech to Italian French to Pashto (Pushto) Japanese (monolingual) Urdu to Hindi Polish to Czech German to Latvian German to Mongolian Pashto (Pushto) (monolingual) Tamil to English German to Bulgarian English to Mongolian Slovenian to German Japanese to Burmese English to Persian (Farsi) Japanese to Portuguese English to Hmong Korean to Indonesian English to Latvian Italian to Serbian Greek to French Czech to Hungarian English to Khmer (Central) Portuguese to Russian Hindi (monolingual) Norwegian to Swedish English to Tamil Russian to Dutch Japanese to Korean Persian (Farsi) to Russian Spanish to Indonesian Italian to Greek Arabic to Turkish Italian to Korean Arabic to German Burmese to English Malagasy to English French to Bulgarian Turkish to Romanian
English to Finnish: Science Book Translation from English to Finnish General field: Science
Source text - English Why is it easier to float in the sea?
106. Pour some water into the tall transparent container. Seal one end of the straw and weight it with a plasticine ball. You have thus constructed an aerometer, that is, a device for measuring the density of liquids. Place the aerometer in the container filled with water with the straw turned upward. There should be just enough plasticine to ensure that the straw floats on the water and protrudes slightly out of the water. Mark with a marker pen the point in the straw to which the water rose and then remove the straw from the water.
107. Add enough salt into the container so that even after stirring some salt remains visible at the bottom, which has not been entirely dissolved. You have thus prepared a saturated saline solution. Now submerge the aerometer in the water and mark the highest point, which the water reaches. What do you notice? This time, the water level is below the mark drawn for the experiment made with normal, tap water. Why? The salty water is denser due to the added salt and so the body of the aerometer displaces liquid, which is heavier than the fresh water, and the buoyant force is therefore greater.
108. Repeat this experiment with sugar instead of salt, mixing it into a saturated sweet solution. Which of the two is denser?
The aerometer is a device used to measure the density of liquids. It is also used to measure the amount of alcohol in wine.
You can swim easier in the sea than in a lake, since the sea is denser and your body thus displaces a certain amount of liquid. It is even easier to swim in the Dead Sea (the big and salty lake), which is far saltier than any of the world’s oceans. There you can take a newspaper with you into the water, lie on your back and read news while floating on the water.
Translation - Finnish Miksi meressä on helpompi kellua?
106. Kaada korkeaan läpinäkyvään astiaan vettä. Tuki pillin toinen pää ja painota se muovailuvahapallolla. Olet täten rakentanut aerometrin, eli laitteen nesteiden tiheyden mittaamista varten. Aseta aerometri vedellä täytettyyn astiaan pilli ylöspäin käännettynä. Pillissä pitäisi olla juuri riittävästi muovailuvahaa sen varmistamiseksi, että pilli kelluu vedessä ja työntyy hieman ulos vedestä. Merkitse huopakynällä merkki pilliin siihen kohtaan johon asti vesi nousi ja nosta sitten pilli vedestä.
107. Lisää astiaan riittävästi suolaa niin, että jopa sekoittamisen jälkeen pohjalla on näkyvissä hieman suolaa, joka ei ole kokonaan liuennut. Olet näin ollen valmistanut kyllästetyn suolaliuoksen. Upota sitten aerometri veteen ja merkitse korkein kohta johon vesi ulottuu. Mitä huomaat? Tällä kertaa vedenpinnan taso on alempana, kuin se merkki, joka piirrettiin normaalilla vesijohtovedellä tehdyssä kokeessa. Miksi? Suolainen vesi on tiheämpää lisätyn suolan ansiosta ja aerometrin runko syrjäyttää nestettä, joka on painavampaa kuin makea vesi, ja noste on siksi suurempi.
108. Toista tämä koe sokerilla suolan sijaan, sekoittaen sen kyllästetyksi makeaksi liuokseksi. Kumpi näistä kahdesta on tiheämpää?
Aerometri on laite, jolla mitataan nesteiden tiheyttä. Sitä käytetään myös viinissä olevan alkoholimäärän mittaamiseen.
Uiminen meressä on helpompaa kuin järvessä, koska merivesi on tiheämpää ja näin ollen vartalosi syrjäyttää tietyn määrän nestettä. On vieläkin helpompaa uida Kuolleessa Meressä (joka on iso ja suolainen järvi), joka on huomattavasti suolaisempi kuin mikään maailman meristä. Siellä voit ottaa sanomalehden mukaasi veteen, maata selälläsi ja lukea uutisia kelluessasi vedessä.
Years of translation experience: 5. Registered at ProZ.com: Dec 2010. Became a member: Feb 2011.
Across, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Catalyst, Fluency, FrameMaker, Frontpage, Indesign, LocStudio, MateCat, memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, SDL Trados 2011, Trados, Trados Workbench, Pagemaker, Passolo, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Wordfast, XTM
I am an independent consultant and freelancer holding Doctoral degree. I have been providing translation to ISO 9000: 2001 Companies world wide. Few of my clients are listed below:
o AUDI The Automobile Giant
o The National Phobics Society of UK, Manchester
o The Endogeny Bio Corporation, Maryland, USA
o WTB Language Group, Ontario, Canada
o Aunes Oversettelser, Ranheim, Norway
o Skrivanek, ISO 9001:2000 Certified European Translation Company
o Open Ratings , Maryland , U.S.A.
o The Future Group , Cairo , Egypt
o IPP Worldwide Pte. Ltd. , Singapore
o Transperfect INC ISO 9001:2000 Certified US Company