Working languages: German to Portuguese English to Portuguese Spanish to Portuguese
Miguel Figueiredo English, German, Spanish into Portuguese
Local time: 04:38 WET (GMT+0) Native in
Freelance translator and/or interpreter This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. Translation, Editing/proofreading, Subtitling, Transcription, Copywriting
Specializes in: Economics Finance (general) International Org/Dev/Coop Government / Politics Tourism & Travel Marketing / Market Research History Music Architecture Cinema, Film, TV, Drama
Also works in: Poetry & Literature Law (general) Geography Environment & Ecology Education / Pedagogy Journalism Business/Commerce (general) Science (general) Linguistics Media / Multimedia Philosophy Names (personal, company) Human Resources
PRO-level points: 8, Questions answered: 3, Questions asked: 1 Wire transfer, PayPal Master's degree - University of Porto, Portugal Years of translation experience: 10. Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 2010. N/A English to Portuguese (MA Translation and Language Services, Porto Univ.) German to Portuguese (MA Translation and Language Services, Porto Univ.) APT Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Indesign, memoQ, OmegaT, Plunet, Spot, Translation Workspace, SDL TRADOS, SDLX http://www.miguelfigueiredo.tk CV available upon request Miguel Figueiredo endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines.
- I am a professional translator since 2009.
- I translate for Portuguese cultural magazines such as ACTO and Piso.
- I have subtitled films and theatre for some festivals: Theatre Festival of Almada, Bicycle Film Festival, and for the Berlin-based video collective Ak Kraak.
- TESTAMENT, She She Pop, Culturgest, 2014
Theatre. Written and played by Berlin’s collective She She Pop. Translation and subtitles from German.
(in English at the end)
- TITANIC, Memórias Portuguesas, José Ramos Perfeito, Chiado Editores, Lisboa, 2014
Historical novel. Editing and revision.
- a Sala 2006-2011, António Lago e Susana Chiocca, DGArtes, Porto, 2012
Retrospective of performances, exhibitions and residences at a Sala, in Oporto. Translation.
- State of Motion, treatments of displacement and collectivism in arts, Colectivo PISO, Porto, 2010
Cultural and artistic magazine conceived by artists from Oporto and Berlin. Translation.
- ACTO 9 - revista literária e filosófica, Dir. Manuel Neto e Benjamin Bréjon, ACT, Santo Tirso, 2009
Essay on William James. Translation.
- MA in Translation, University of Porto
- BA in European Studies, University of Lisbon and Humboldt-University of Berlin
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.
Total pts earned: 8 (All PRO level) Top languages (PRO) English to Portuguese 4 Spanish to Portuguese 4 Top general fields (PRO) Art/Literary 4 Other 4 Top specific fields (PRO) General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters 4 History 4 See all points earned >
Keywords: tradução, legendagem, revisão, alemão, tradutores de alemão, legendas, tradutor, portuguese translators, portugiesische Übersetzer
Profile last updated Apr 17, 2018